× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amazon Cloud Drive does not sync anymore

ktw2017
Aspirant

Amazon Cloud Drive does not sync anymore

Hello,

I've been using Amazon Cloud Drive sync on my ReadyNas 6.6.0 for a couple of weeks, and it worked perfectly.

10 days ago, I've unfortunately switched off the service (under Cloud tab), and immediatly switched it on. Thus, the amazon sync service has stopped and restarted. Since then, it says he's looking for changes...

Using a new Amazon Cloud Drive account, and starting the synchronization with it... and it works! But that´s no solution. Any Ideas?

Firmware is now on 6.6.1, but same problem.

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive does not sync anymore

The error log was complaining about checkpoint not found and the last checkpoint was 'xxxxxx' some string. I added that last checkpoint to /var/cache/fvamazon/checkpoint. 

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14

All Replies
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

When ACD service is restarted, it will restart the syncing process. Depending on how large your dataset, it might take a while to finish checking for changes. If you have a large dataset, I would suggest leaving it for a day or two and check back again.

A new ACD account, on the other hand, has no content, so the upsync process will start right away.

Message 2 of 14
ktw2017
Aspirant

That's not it. Before the deactivation / activation a new scan took about 25 min. Now, even after days, nothing happens and the process is running.

Message 3 of 14
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

I would need to see the logs to find out what's going on. Can you PM me your logs?

Message 4 of 14
ktw2017
Aspirant

What files do you need? Found only the sqlite3 database (/var/cache/fvamazon/acd_fs_cache) which is created during sync - this remains however empty.

In the /var/log/frontview/amazoncd.log is unfortunately only:

- LOGMSG_CLOUDSTORAGE_SERVICE_START

- LOGMSG_CLOUDSTORAGE_SEARCH_CLOUD_CHANGES_BEGIN

Are there any more? Thanks.

Message 5 of 14
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

That's what I am looking for but since it's empty, it has no use for me. Can we do a small test just to see if ACD service is working?

1. Create a new test share on your NAS. Ex. Test_ACD

2. Turn off ACD service from Cloud tab

3. Turn on ACD service. When selecting shares to sync, uncheck "AmazonCloudDrive", and select Test_ACD only. This way we don't download everything from the cloud and forcing it to sync Test_ACD <=> ReadyNAS_[yourhost]/Test_ACD only. You can test putting a file to Test_ACD.

Let me know what do you see from the log.

Message 6 of 14
ktw2017
Aspirant

I have already done this test. I had created a share "newspaper" with 5 small files and only took this into sync. No change.

Normally, the node is in the DB-Cache-File, but there is nothing. Only in table version stands "2".

Knows anyone where the original database is stored?  Acd? ReadyNAS? NetgearApp?

Message 7 of 14
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

I can troubleshoot your box. Please turn on Secure Diagnostic Mode in System > Settings > Support and PM me the port number.

Message 8 of 14
ktw2017
Aspirant

Maybe this helps. Here someone has the same problem, but closed using a new account:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/ReadyNas-6-6-0-Amazon-Cloud-Drive-firs...

Message 9 of 14
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

Your box is fixed. Please verify.

Message 10 of 14
ktw2017
Aspirant

Thank you very much. At first sight it looks good.

I have now added two more folders (about 1.6 TB). I look at it tomorrow. It's 10 pm local time.

What was the solution?

Message 11 of 14
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

Great! The checkpoint is missing, so the service can't find a reference where to start.

Message 12 of 14
ktw2017
Aspirant

The problem is really fixed. Thank you again.

Can you give me a tip as I could have fixed it myself.

How to repair the checkpoint?

Message 13 of 14
Darth_Vader
NETGEAR Expert

The error log was complaining about checkpoint not found and the last checkpoint was 'xxxxxx' some string. I added that last checkpoint to /var/cache/fvamazon/checkpoint. 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements