× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't sync dropbox team folders with business account

sivanov
Aspirant

Can't sync dropbox team folders with business account

We have a ReadyNAS 628X with v6.10.1 installed and a DropBox business account with team folders. I created a "dropbox" share in the main volume and configured dropbox local path to it "/DROPBOX_NAS/dropbox". The Cloud Storage Path is set to root "/", sync is bidirectional. I'm able to map the "dropbox" share as a network folder on my PC.

Unfortunately, the only thing that is getting mapped is the dropbox user folder and not all of the team folders. I see the dropbox tree correctly when I sign into dropbox.com and I'm able to sync files from that folder both ways. The dropbox cloud settings see the correct dropbox account space usage and the RAID volume is only showing 17MB of space being taken.

In short, the dropbox tree looks like this:

-OUR_DROPBOX

--TEAM_FOLDER1

--TEAM_FOLDER2

--USER_FOLDER

---TEST_FILE.txt

--TEAM_FOLDER3

The only file I see on the NAS is TEST_FILE.txt and it is mapped to \\NAS_HOSTNAME\DROPBOX_SHARE\TEST_FILE.txt. The ReadyNAS is showing the file at \NAS_HOST\RAID_VOLUME\DROPBOX_SHARE\TEST_FILE.txt on the admin page.

I really need to be able to sync all of it.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't sync dropbox team folders with business account

@sivanov

Welcome to the Community

This seems to be an issue with Dropbox Business accounts Team Folder. Support have filed for a feature request and your case should have been added to it.

I have my free account with Dropbox and Bidirectionally syncing the root dropbox directory and it syncs fine with the ReadyNAS Share mapped to my PC. All files and folders are in there.

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
sivanov
Aspirant

From Netgear L2 support after opening a support ticket:

"Our L3's have finally replied to us and informed us that they are aware of this issue and is currently working on it. As to how long will it take for it to be resolve, they have not provided us an ETA. With this, I will now be archiving this case as this issue is being worked upon by our engineers as we speak."

Message 2 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sivanov

Welcome to the Community

This seems to be an issue with Dropbox Business accounts Team Folder. Support have filed for a feature request and your case should have been added to it.

I have my free account with Dropbox and Bidirectionally syncing the root dropbox directory and it syncs fine with the ReadyNAS Share mapped to my PC. All files and folders are in there.

HTH

Regards

Message 3 of 5
sivanov
Aspirant

Marc,

Any updates on a timeline?

Message 4 of 5
r0llISl1fe
Aspirant

Hello Marc,

I'm having this issue, and it seems it's been around a while. I use Team folders on Dropbox to work with my video editing clients remotely, so they have gotten more important than ever! Can we please get some renewed attention on this implementation update?

Thank you!

Nick

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements