× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 6.9 broke Plex

TJ98WRAN
Aspirant

Firmware 6.9 broke Plex

Since the 6.9 Update, my RN314 now won't connect to either ReadyCloud and will not allow me to install or run apps.  I discovered this because Plex (which was working fine with the 6.8.1 firmware) now A) won't start, B) won't install updates at all.  I also tried installing other apps and even downgrading the firmware to 6.8.1 but it gave me some server error message.  Right now, this server is unusable after this update.

Message 1 of 20
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TJ98WRAN,

I understand that Plex will not start and you are not able to install other apps after updating to 6.9.0. You may download first the complete logs of the NAS and then try doing an OS re-install.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 20
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TJ98WRAN,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 20
Amidala
NETGEAR Expert

Excuse me, I want to know, which version did you install before? Did you install it online or upload?

Message 4 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

plex not working anymore firmware 6.9.3 please help.

i think it is stil installed because i cannot select it in the apps list please help me

Message 5 of 20
Amidala
NETGEAR Expert

Now, if you upgrade to 6.9.3, you should see plex app in Available Apps list. See if the versions are consistent. If you click "installed" button, there will be a dialog box showing the error? If it is convenient, please send us the system log, we can help you check it.

Available app.png

Message 6 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

i am allready on 6,9.3 there is no plex app for me please help

Message 7 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@bob76nl wrote:

i am allready on 6,9.3 there is no plex app for me please help

Do you mean it was installed on your NAS, but disappeared when you upgraded it to 6.9.3?

Or do you mean it doesn't appear in available apps?  

If it simply isn't in available apps, then download it from plex.tv/downloads and use the upload control on the apps page to install it.  Just make sure you pick the correct package for your NAS  - Intel for RN300 and above, ARM (for RN100 series), or ARM (for RN200 series).

Message 8 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

that does not work it will not appear on my nas what ever i tryed noo luck please netgear give me some help going crazy here

Message 9 of 20
StephenB
Guru

Can you actually tell us what you've tried?  Also, if it was ever installed?

Message 10 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

yes i used it all the time did not try much only downloaded it agian from the plex site as mentioned above but that did not work.

the reason i did not try much is i dont want to lose my database i got alot of media on there

and i know it is still installed because if it was not it would showup in the availeble apps list

Message 11 of 20
StephenB
Guru

Did you also have plexpy installed?

Plex is installed on my RN526 (with 6.9.3), and still shows up on the apps page.  It is off though (since I prefer to run plex on a PC).

Message 12 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Plex is working fine for me. Can you provide your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 13 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

i am on readynas 102 firmware 6.9.3 and plex is gone i think it is still insalled because i can not select it from the available apps I NEED HELP NETGEAR I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY DATABASE I GOT ALOT OF MEDIA PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPP...............

Message 14 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It doesn't look like you've sent your logs in yet. Please send them in (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 15 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

how do i upload the logs i have alot of files in there but i cant upload a zip or rar file

nevermind emailed to the email in the upload logs explenation email name

Re: Firmware 6.9 broke Plex readynas 102 

Message 16 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your logs show that the Plex app was removed on the 20th March. You were running 6.9.2 at the time.

Perhaps try uploading the app using a different web browser.

Message 17 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

i never removed plex this is very strange and all ready tried reup loading then it promps me whit a json file and when i open this it says {success: true, error: false} and then nothing happens

Message 18 of 20
bob76nl
Aspirant

??? can you take a look please? maybe install it agian?

Message 19 of 20
jpass022
Luminary

You can download latest form plex,  https://www.plex.tv/downloads/  Then from your Apps tab in your ReadyNAS GUI use the Upload button that's between Reverse and Refresh Buttons, upper right part of page...

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements