× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Having problems installing dokuwiki on a Readynas 424

Willeys1975
Follower

Having problems installing dokuwiki on a Readynas 424

Hi everyone,

I know that dokuwiki was installed on some earlier neatgear NAS models and I would like to install dokuwiki on the new one(readynas 424). I have been trying for a while now and I know that you have to have PHP installed (which I did using a php app found on the application webpage). I have the newest version of dokuwiki unpacked on a shared folder with everyone having full permissions and when I try to run the install.php through the browser I get a notification that php is not installed.

When I look at the php app on under the readynas admin page it says "on" and when I hit the launch button I get the launch page and the php info. The version number is high enough to run the newest dokuwiki. I am not sure what I am missing to get it up and running.

The previous seagate NAS had a version of dokuwiki that we used so I would like to just transfer the files over to the new NAS and the newer version of dokuwiki.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Having problems installing dokuwiki on a Readynas 424

You likely need a newer version of PHP.  The free one on the Apps page is ancient.  PHP 7 can be purchased in a ReadyNAS app package for a small fee at https://rnxtras.com/ .  Make sure you un-install the one you have before you install the new one.  He also has an up-to-date version of DokuWiki there.

Message 2 of 3
acwdc
Aspirant

Re: Having problems installing dokuwiki on a Readynas 424

Make sure your file permissions are set properly. ie data/, conf/ and lib/ need admin admin under readynas.

Check the install wiki section on the dokuwiki website.

AC

P.S. I installed the old dokuwiki image for a Rn102 and then updated within dokuwiki itself. Some mods to php.ini need for the upgrade plugin to work.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements