× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

High Load averages and swap utilz

bao1
Aspirant

High Load averages and swap utilz

With a relatively light usage the load averages are consistently very low:
CTACNAS:~# uptime
08:51:34 up 8:12, 1 user, load average: 0.51, 0.22, 0.12

But when I enable the Vault in Frontview, minutes later (and with the same usage) the load average climbs. It normally remains around 2 and sometimes will slightly drop but for the most part is around 2:
CTACNAS:~# uptime
10:03:26 up 9:24, 1 user, load average: 2.11, 2.13, 1.51

I've also noticed that when a single backup job runs, load average has gone as high as 5 for 1, 5, and 10 minutes, and performance is noticeably slower. This is after having set the throttling options in the Vault, and during the time that I've specified for Faster Device.

What I notice in the Vault under the Reports>Current Backup Activity is that during the high load averages(5+) there is at least one share in a status of 'Scanning'. I have 7 backup jobs totaling 150GB. All shares are set to back up on a scheduled, weekly basis. The largest share is 60GB with >120k files, and is usually the one in the Scanning status.

As the load increases swap utilz increases, normally somewhere between 10 and 20%. Sorting the output of top by memory usuage, the readyNASVault and apache-ssl processes are always at the top.

Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements