× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LMS iTunes integration failing under version 7.9

Tradewind25
Aspirant

LMS iTunes integration failing under version 7.9

I have always (approx. 10 years) made use of the iTunes integration plugin, since historically iTunes was used to capture most of my music.  I have just upgraded LMS to version 7.9, re-installed the iTunes plugin, and configured it as previously.  However when I now perform a "Clear Library and rescan everyting" this happens:
a)  My music folder(/media/music/my recordings) is scanned and imported.

b)  When it comes to scanning my iTunes files I receive the error: "Media scan terminated unexpectedly (Scanning Progress)".

Upon checking the logs I see:

a) scanner.log shows the steps involved in importing files from /media/music/my recordings without any error.  No mention of the iTunes files.

b) server.log - no messages since the server was last started, 15 minutes earlier.

I wonder if anyone has seen this issue before and/or can point me to some other log that might indicate the reason for the unexpected termination?

Regards

Geoff

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Tradewind25
Aspirant

Re: LMS iTunes integration failing under version 7.9

OK, I give in.

I have started to investigate Sonos devices and am very impressed so far.

My old Squeezeboxes will apear on eBay very soon.

Thank you Squeezebox for all your past service but I'm afraid your time has come,

RIP,

Geoff

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Tradewind25,

Please also mentioned the model number of your NAS and its FW version.

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
Tradewind25
Aspirant

It's an NVX Business Edition (RNDX4250) running RAIDiator 4.2.30.

Message 3 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Tradewind25,

Are you still able to access the share of the NAS that has your media files? Please see if that is accessible via AFP.

You may also try disabling and re-enabling the iTunes on the NAs settings or use another computer that has not updated iTunes yet.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
Tradewind25
Aspirant

1. I am able to access my media share from a range of different clients: Windows, iOS, and Android.

2. I do not have the AFP protocol enabled on my NAS, nor have I ever done so.

3. "You may also try disabling and re-enabling the iTunes on the NAs settings" - I assume you are referring to the iTunes tab of the LMS Settings.  I have disabled iTunes integration and rescanned.  I have then re-enabled iTunes integration and rescanned.  Still the same error message.

Message 5 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Tradewind25,

I am referring to the share where you have the media files that you want to access via iTunes.

Regards,

Message 6 of 11
Tradewind25
Aspirant

JennC

There is absolutely no problem accessing that share - other than the fact that LMS is not scanning it.

Geoff

Message 7 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Tradewind25,

So, iTunes can scan and see the media files?

I haven't seen this but let's see if other members have something to share.

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
Tradewind25
Aspirant

Let me absolutely clear:

- iTunes, which I have running on a Windows 10 PC, can se the media files, can play them, and indeed can add new music to them.

- My LMS system has the iTunes integration plugin installed (and has for the last 10 years).  However when LMS performs a scan to update its library it stops when it gets to scanning my iTunes music with the error message: 

"Media scan terminated unexpectedly (Scanning Progress)".  

This has only happened since upgrading to version 7.9.  I performed this upgrade since I began to experience an problem on my previous version (i forget now which) where the scanning process was claiming to have completed successfully but in fact had not loaded the iTunes music into its library.

Message 9 of 11
Tradewind25
Aspirant

OK, I give in.

I have started to investigate Sonos devices and am very impressed so far.

My old Squeezeboxes will apear on eBay very soon.

Thank you Squeezebox for all your past service but I'm afraid your time has come,

RIP,

Geoff

Message 10 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Tradewind25,

I apologize about the outcome and thank you for contributing to the message boards.

Regards,

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements