× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Missing addons

super_poussin
Virtuoso

devos wrote:
The only thing that I do missing to the OS 6 is some kind of webUI to check on the CPU usage etc. on the NAS.

And ofc if it's possible some kind of RSS feed downloader that can download the .torrent file to the auto-load folder so Transmission can autoload it.
I'm more and 'lling to pay for it.

did you try phpsysinfo ?
Message 26 of 57
devos
Tutor

I have really tried everything now, I can't find any way to auto-download torrent file from rss on a rn102 r6 arm.

But i'll keep digging.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk
Message 27 of 57
gramsaran
Aspirant

How can we get updates to the existing ones? I'd like to update phpmyadmin & mysql to the latest if possible.
Message 28 of 57
grahamu59
Tutor

I'd like to see a simple duplicate file finder that can work accross all shares (including LUNs) and optionally offer to delete copies. (Needs to be able to check based on name, contents checksum date name etc).
Message 29 of 57
grahamu59
Tutor

strung3 wrote:
Hi

An emule client addon is missing on the readynas client OS 6.

Regards,

Is amule not what you want? This works on my 102.
Message 30 of 57
pinchies
Aspirant

Any chance of bringing OpenDNS updater to OS 6? Cheers.
Message 31 of 57
arnomc
Aspirant

Are you aware that there's already a DDclient ? Couldn't it be configured to work with openDNS ? Didn't tried it myself, I just made a little google search :
http://forums.opendns.com/comments.php? ... ionID=7723
Message 32 of 57
pinchies
Aspirant

Thanks - I'll give that a shot. I didn't know what to google, I tried a few things. I'm not too confident with editing files via terminal.
Message 33 of 57
pinchies
Aspirant

Ok, so I had a go but was not successful - using the configuration commands provided by opendns (https://support.opendns.com/entries/23554765) I get an error:

FATAL: Error loading the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL needed for SSL connect.
FATAL: On Debian, the package libio-socket-ssl-perl must be installed.

Any idea what I can do? It's rather frustrating.
Message 34 of 57
xeltros
Apprentice

libio-socket-ssl-perl must be installed

I would say install libio-socket-ssl-perl 😉

I don't know which tool you use to install packages but stick with that one.
apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl should work
aptitude install libio-socket-ssl-perl if you used aptitude before

you may want to do apt-get update or aptitude update before to refresh the packages lists.
Message 35 of 57
arnomc
Aspirant

pinchies wrote:
I'm not too confident with editing files via terminal.

I didn't have to make any command line to configure DDclient for a DynDNS account. The config file to edit is inside the folder 'ddclient'. Have a look in the shares. For a tutorial, you could search on DynDNS's website or others related to ddclient.
Note: Maybe configuring ddclient for openDNS really needs some command line. I didn't have time to read the text in those links.
Message 36 of 57
dceightfive
Initiate

Hi super-poussin,

Any chance of getting NZBDrone ported over to OS6? http://nzbdrone.com/

Cheers
Message 37 of 57
Lichon
Aspirant

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but app listing say Transmission v3.00.3 yet the about window inside transmission says v2.82 (14160). Isnt that an error ?

Any chance this edition of Transmission can create torrent files?
There was a create button on OS4 addon, but it never worked for me.

When I want to change the paths for transmission, do I need to edit the /data/.apps/transmissionr6/bin/start.sh script or is there an XML/TXT/INI config somewhere?
I see some hardcoded paths there. Still havent found an existing setting for the old "sources" folder, where you could dump ".torrent" files to aka watch folder.
Message 38 of 57
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Hello Lichon 2.82 is the last transmission version and 3.00.3 is the addon version 🙂
Message 39 of 57
doubleos
Guide

Two addons that I would like to see are virtualbox host and airplay sender
Message 40 of 57
mmajoor
Aspirant

I would love to see latest versions of NZBGet (http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/Main_Page) & sabnzbd (http://sabnzbd.org).
Cheers
dbsx

Like dbsx I was hoping to use a more recent version of NZBGet to get a complete replacement of SABnzbd (including RSS feeds).
I decided to try compiling NZBGet myself. After some struggles using the virtual machine and SDK (the struggles -not- related to the SDK mind you), I decided a different approach and started using my host system directly and only using the cross compiler from the SDK.
Having the same struggles initially as with the virtual machine and SDK, I finally managed to get the NZBGet app compiled.

Important note: The 'direct' compile approach, using the host system directy, does not use any 'failsafes' like chroot etc, so errors made can have an effect on the main system in some circumstances. You should be aware of that.

The result of these can be found on my site:
http://www.majority.nl/projects_miscellaneous.htm

You will find two downloads there. One contains only the app packages. I have included two versions: V12.0 which is a stable version and V13.0 which is based on a testing version. I had some issues using V13.0 myself, so I can't recommend it at this stage (but you decide for yourself).
The second download contains the complete sources and scripts I used to compile those packages. Everything is included. The only additional requirements are the 'basic' compiling tools that must be present on your host system.
I should also note that the the packages are for arm based devices only, so for the RN10x.
Message 41 of 57
InTheShires
Tutor

I would really appreciate the addon NasMON which you created for Sparc and OS4 platforms. I still use it happily on my Duo v1 and it's simplicity is the very thing that makes it my most wanted app for OS6.

Thanks anyway Super_Poussin.
Message 42 of 57
Muppo
Aspirant

I´m dreaming of running a Teamspeak3 server on my 102..... 😄

Guess that won´t happen any time soon....
Message 43 of 57
grimloch
Aspirant

It would be nice to have squid proxy again. I used it to surf the web from work through RNR :]
Message 44 of 57
AMRivlin
Apprentice

Would love to see a DHCP Server GUI application
Message 45 of 57
shen
Tutor

Hi,

I just got DualServer (a lightweight DHCP and DNS server) to work, see viewtopic.php?f=153&t=76664&p=428618#p428618 (still need help on how to start this automatically on boot)

Perhaps someone could make an Add-on of this including a GUI for edition dualserver.ini 🙂

Stefan
Message 46 of 57
svarre61
Aspirant

Hi,

Any chance of having a Twonky 6 add-on to be able to use Briain's custom trees?
Would be very grateful if someone could make an add-on.

At the moment I'm using Twonky 7 from super-poussin but it has few tweaking possibilities within it's fixed tree structure.

Mikael
Message 47 of 57
slobberbone
Aspirant

devos wrote:
The only thing that I do missing to the OS 6 is some kind of webUI to check on the CPU usage etc. on the NAS.

And ofc if it's possible some kind of RSS feed downloader that can download the .torrent file to the auto-load folder so Transmission can autoload it.
I'm more and 'lling to pay for it.

Hello, I've just released linux-dash : viewtopic.php?f=153&t=75805 ! I think it would be what you search for WebUI monitoring 😉

RSS feed downloader ??? for transmission ? there are addons like couchpotato or sickbear no ?
Message 48 of 57
njbamboo
Aspirant

How do you setup the amule and get connection to ed2k and kad network?

grahamu59 wrote:
strung3 wrote:
Hi

An emule client addon is missing on the readynas client OS 6.

Regards,

Is amule not what you want? This works on my 102.
Message 49 of 57
medoc
Aspirant

Hi,

It would be nice to have automatic for arm on R6 as well.

Thanks,
medoc
Message 50 of 57
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements