× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: READYNAS 204 cant remove Piwigo App

tralfaz
Initiate

READYNAS 204 cant remove Piwigo App

Hi everyone,

although I have been using Netgear READYNAS for a number of years and now on my second one (an RN 204) I am a newbie on this Forum so please treat me gently. 🙂 🙂

I have been running the Piwigo app V2.5.3 on my 204 for a while but after the recent upgrade to the 6.6.0 OS Piwigo no longer works. When you go to start the App it just puts up a whole bunch of code lines and nothing happens.

I have tried getting rid of Piwigo using the "Remove" command associated with it but all that seems to have happened is that some of the lines of code have disappeared. On my most recent removal attempt the Piwigo picture has vanished and I still get a message saying that the App itself can't be removed.

Maybe this removal process is like the death of a thousand cuts?? 🙂 🙂 When I looked at the App page I have also noted that Piwigo is no longer available so no help there with an upgrade.

I hope that someone might have some sage words of advice for me on this problem which is an annoyance in what otherwise has been a good experience with these products.

Tralfaz

Message 1 of 6
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tralfaz,

Welcome to the community.

I believe the problem is due to the major update of the OS from Debian 7 to Debian 8. I believe the app developers would need to make some adjustments as well. Please see link below for additional information:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/Community-app-compatibility-with-ReadyNAS-OS-6-6-...

If your app is not listed, lets probably wait for some updates from the app developer.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
tralfaz
Initiate

Hi FramerV,

thanks for the prompt response. The inability to remove the App concerned me because I was worried that it may have corrupted the new OS in some way, but so far no problems.

I haven't used the Forum before as I really have not had any problems with the Netgear product as I just use it for what it was intended for and hadn't tried anything exotic. Sadly the first time I do it goes wrong so Murphy's Law Third Law of Computing is proven once again. 🙂

Appreciate the help,

Tralfaz

Message 3 of 6
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tralfaz,

You are welcome. Also, if you want the app to be removed; you may actually try to reach our support group. They could probably escalate it and have it removed via remote access.

Contact NETGEAR Support

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
Matteo73
Aspirant

Re: READYNAS 204 cant remove Piwigo App - Solved -

Hi, I had the same problem with my NAS 204. I downloaded the .deb package from web https://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9

Atfer a manual re-installation on my NAS the app worked properly and I was able to uninstall it

Regards

Matteo

Message 5 of 6
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

Hi tralfaz,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Xiao123

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements