× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN202 - Cannot uninstall application IDrive

gbeddow
Luminary

RN202 - Cannot uninstall application IDrive

Hi,

I have an RN202 running the latest firmware 6.9.3. After rebooting, on the admin page I noticed all the installed apps display their names but their icons are missing. Since space was running low on the system volume, and the iDrive app seemed to be chewing up more space over time, I tried to uninstall it from the RN202 admin page but it failed with an email saying

"Cannot uninstall application IDrive".

Any ideas out there?

Best Regards,

Greg

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN202 - Cannot uninstall application IDrive

@gbeddow

The root volume has been full due to apps being installed on it. Also, one thing that might have added on the issue is with Quotas being enabled it has been disabled now.

FS check has been done, kindly see if there are still issues after the reboot.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gbeddow

Have you tried clearing cache or using a different browser when uninstalling the app? Getting a full system volume greatly degrades the performance of the NAS.

You can send us the logs so we can check if it still fails to uninstall. 

Sending logs

Regards

Message 2 of 11
Amidala
NETGEAR Expert

What version of idrive is installed?

Message 3 of 11
gbeddow
Luminary

Hi Amidala,

A little challenging to verify since, not only will iDrive not uninstall but, like all the other installed apps right now it won't run, but back in late February I updated to the latest iDrive version 1.00.15.

--Greg

Message 4 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gbeddow,

The NAS are getting a lot of I/O errors on the data volume, If you have the data backed up elsewhere we can do a factory reset once you have the new disks. We will try to check if we can eliminate the need to do a Factory Reset.

Regards

Message 5 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gbeddow

The root volume has been full due to apps being installed on it. Also, one thing that might have added on the issue is with Quotas being enabled it has been disabled now.

FS check has been done, kindly see if there are still issues after the reboot.

Regards

Message 6 of 11
gbeddow
Luminary

Hi @Marc_V, the RN202 is better now (though I still don't trust the disks in it). May I ask what utility you used to clear the input/output errors on it? I tried the Disk Test from the RN202 admin page, the disk test boot mode, and Linux badblocks, none of which showed any problems.

Message 7 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

the FS was checked using btrfs check/btrfsck unmounting the FS first.

Most of the issue stemmed from the Root volume getting full due to apps being installed on the root and the Quota being enabled.

The NAS should be okay now but If you are still planning on changing the disks it would still be better especially if you will be replacing with larger capacity disks.

Regards

Message 8 of 11
gbeddow
Luminary

Hi @Mark_V, Yes, I'm getting larger capacity disks, although /dev/md127 is only 20% full. /dev/md0 however is 89% full; when the RN202 was brand new it started out at 81% full. Is there any way to allocate more space to /dev/md0?

Message 9 of 11
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Root volume has 4GB total, there won't be any way to allocate a larger space at least to my knowledge and if there is it is not supported.

Usually deleting the logs that went to the root or moving the apps to a specified folder /apps should help release some space for the root volume.

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

Root volume has 4GB total, there won't be any way to allocate a larger space at least to my knowledge

Correct.  But there are other options - for instance installing the packages to /apps (which is actually the .apps folder of the data volume).

You can also copy folders to the data volume, and create a soft link on the OS partition to that folder.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements