× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Factory Reset - Licenses

robm42
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Factory Reset - Licenses

After I installed 6.6.0, ReadyNas Surveillance stopped working.  I had many problems with this version - no apps were working for me after the 6.6.0 upgrade (including SMB and Anti-virus plugins).  I decided to do a fresh OS install, after backing up my data.  I couldn't run Surveillance at all any more but I knew I had a config backup.

The reinstall fixed most things except Surveillance, until a recent update came out.  (version 1.4.3-15).  Now Surveillance runs, but my licenses are gone, and not even restoring the config backup restored them.

I found the old email when I purchased the licenses, but when I try to re-enter the license code I get a generic error ("License activation failed: error code 11").

So my question is: I have the license codes.  How do I enter them and get my licenses working again?  They were pretty darn expensive and I can't afford to buy them again!

Thanks for any tips.

-Rob

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello robm42,

I understand the licenses have been reset and you can now reactivate them.

You may now mark the appropriate post as a solution to close this thread.

Have a great ahead!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You can contact support and get the licenses re-activated.  If you have trouble on that path, perhaps PM @JennC

Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're supposed to deactivate the licences before doing a factory reset. Having not done this you will need to lodge a request to get the licences reset.

Message 3 of 5
robm42
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies.  I'll try sending a PM to JennC.

@mdgm-ntgr Well, like I said, the application would not run any longer so I could not deactivate them or back them up.  Also, when I tried to open a ticket, I was told my complimentary 90 day support has expired. I hope I don't have to buy a support contract just to get my licenses reset. 😞

-Rob

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello robm42,

I understand the licenses have been reset and you can now reactivate them.

You may now mark the appropriate post as a solution to close this thread.

Have a great ahead!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements