× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Surveillance Activation Problem

mrdmartin
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Surveillance Activation Problem

I've still got a 6 days left of the "trial" for the Surveillance software but I liked it enough to order the 4 camera license on 06/03/2012 through the Netgear digital store:

http://license.buynetgear.com/store?Action=list&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=netgsoft&categoryID=38456100

I received an email with the "unlock code" but when I go to the online license section (in frontview) and insert the code and it takes about two minutes before it has come back with an error of "License activation failed" multiple times.

I have even tried the instructions for offline activation in the Surveillance PDF and that didn't work either - it comes up with a different code of
SN (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) has been activated. (Error code:11) :evil:

This unit is a ReadyNAS Pro 6 with the lastest software.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 5
amac27
Aspirant

Hi Mrdmartin,

Please work with support and send me your support case number so I can update it.

Also please send a PoP to the support guys so they can attach it to your case.
Message 2 of 5
mrdmartin
Aspirant

I just sent a screenshot of the activation error and my PoP email to the support person. My case number is 18741297. I hope this is resolved quickly as my trial ended today.

I love the product but if it won't activate it's gonna be hard to sell.

BTW telling folks their ReadyNAS Pro support has ended when the problem seems to be a new add-on is not cool (I've never used the warranty or support before). If someone could tell me my ReadyNAS was the problem to begin with then sure that would be a fair statement to tell someone but right off the bat seems like not really wanting to help and passing the blame. Just telling it like it feels on this end.

Thanks for the help.
Message 3 of 5
mrdmartin
Aspirant

I tried the offline activation again tonight and it now works. It imported the activation code successfully and now shows I have a 4 camera license. I haven't heard from anyone so I'll guess the developers fixed it since I didn't do anything different on my end other than try it again a few days later.

Thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 5
dlenn845
Aspirant

mrdmartin - How did you convert the license key to a serial number?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements