× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 and Surveillance App

tonyk132
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 and Surveillance App

Hello - My Ultra 6 has RAIDiator 4.2.31 and the Surveillance add-in vers, 1.3.2.4.  While that mostly works, I just bought a camera that is not in the list for Nikvision.  Is there a way to manually configure the string that the app uses to access the camera, maybe by WinSCP into it?  Is there a procedure for doing this documented somewhere?

Or, would I need to update that NAS to OS6 and the latest surveillance app?  If yes, I have read that some people have trouble doing that.  Are those problems fixed?  Also, for the new surveillance app, how do I transfer the surveillance licences from the old app to the new app?  Is there something I can do within the old app to easily transfer to the new app?  BTW, does the new app solve my camera problem, either by having a more up-to-date camera list, or the ability to change the command line for the camera?

Also BTW, by going to OS6 and the new app, will I still be constrained to using IE9 to access the surveillance recordings, etc, or will any Win10 browser now work?

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 6 and Surveillance App

Netgear has unfortunately deprecated Surveillance, so shifting to OS 6 likely won't help.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements