× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

TFTP Server First Configuration

semola1
Tutor

TFTP Server First Configuration

Hi all,

I have installed on my Netgear Readynas 102 (updated with the last firmware 6.9.3) the TFTP Server App.

The start button near application is disbled and I don't see this App in the Application section under the system tab. I need an help to  configure the server for the first time. 

I do not know if this server is right for me: I would like to create different users and have them access folders dedicated to them without creating a share for each person.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Semola

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
semola1
Tutor

Re: TFTP Server First Configuration

I want to keep the privacy of the folders accessed by the various users. I will create a share for each person, maybe I will create a "guest" share for those people who help occasionally. Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@semola1 wrote:

I would like to create different users and have them access folders dedicated to them without creating a share for each person.

Why?

Message 2 of 5
semola1
Tutor

I want to mantain private single user-folder, but i don't want (like admin) to have a lot of share to handle. These folders are accessed outside my network accessing it through dyndns address

I prefer to use one share to keep order inside the readynas (I already have several shares for personal use).

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

tftp isn't a secure protocol, so it's not a good choice for this.  It'd be better to use FTPS.

You could put all these folders inside a single share, if you are ok with users being able to see each other's files.  The NAS web ui isn't set up to allow you to do more than that.  I suggest not fighting it - it'll work out better if you create one share per user.

Message 4 of 5
semola1
Tutor

I want to keep the privacy of the folders accessed by the various users. I will create a share for each person, maybe I will create a "guest" share for those people who help occasionally. Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements