× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recommended to backup your da

Nick19007
Aspirant

The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recommended to backup your data.

Hi!

I recieve ReadyNAS Alert Message: "The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recommended to backup your data" after "Scrub" data task start. before this alert, task "Disk test" executed successfully.

Please direct my further actions to resolve the current fault...

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: The volume data encountered an error and was made read-only. It is recommended to backup your da

@Nick19007 wrote:

Please direct my further actions to resolve the current fault...

The first thing to do is to back up your data.  Have you done that yet?

Message 2 of 5
Nick19007
Aspirant

Now all disks in admin panel-->volumes are red and system says "remove inactive volumes to use disk #1, 2, 3, 4"

I have SSH access, may be do some actions to restore the array?

Message 3 of 5
Nick19007
Aspirant

Please help!

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

The best option is to contact paid Netgear support (my.netgear.com). There are several possible causes for this error, so it's hard to troubleshoot on your own.

Perhaps also power down the NAS and check the disks in a Windows PC with vendor tools (Seatools for Seagate, Lifeguard for Western Digital).  Label the disks by slot, so you can preserve the order.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements