× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web Server does not work correctly. CSRFP-ID errors

ErnieAlex
Aspirant

Web Server does not work correctly. CSRFP-ID errors

I have the 80 Terrabyte NAS unit. (Not all drives in place.)  I have one folder set up as a web server.  But, my pages do not seem to render correctly.  I keep getting extra code placed into the page when viewed on all of the browser I have tested it on.  Also, Javascript and JQuery do not work either.

Hope someone can tell me what to do to fix this.

Further Info:

Some tests show that any webpage fails and just before the </head> tag, this line appears:

<script language="JavaScript" src="/csrf.js?i=0504" type="text/javascript"></script>

Also, just before the </body> tag, these lines are inserted:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
csrfInsert("csrfpId", "t-token-key-removed here-M=");
//-->
</script>

For some reason the unit is not showing the code I put in the page, but, adds the above lines.  I do not know what "csrfpID" is stuck in the response from the server.  Can a tech please reseach this and tell us how to fix this token issue?   Thanks for any help with this!

Message 2 of 3
Message 1 of 6
ErnieAlex
Aspirant

Re: Web Server does not work correctly. CSRFP-ID errors

The other post I did under another topic does not let me reply to it.  Therefore, I will stick to this post.

The system is a ReadyNas 628X.   It has the latest OS on it which was recently updated.  Version OS6.10.0

Since this update, I have not been able to view webpages from a folder on the unit.  It keeps throwing out CSRFP-ID errors.

A bare HTML file with nothing except a <hmtl><header><body> tags and some simple text will throw out these CSRFP errors.

It appears there is a flaw in the OS6.10.0 update.  I spent thousands of dollars on this unit to be able to serve files through my local lan.

And, it does not even display simple pages.

Can anyone help me with this issue?  I can not reset the unit to it's original values since I have it nearly full of files...

Message 2 of 6
ErnieAlex
Aspirant

94 views and nobody has a solution?   Does anyone have this same issue?

Message 3 of 6
ErnieAlex
Aspirant

Thousands of dollars and this thing can't serve PHP out to my other local computers....  Silly waste of money!

164 views and not one response...   Oh, well, will just have to sell off this unit and set up a real server here...

Message 4 of 6
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The csrfid token information that you are seeing are security fixes that are applied to the admin interface of the ReadyNAS.

The errors that you are reported should not be related to the csrfid tokens since the configuration is set to ignore other paths on the unit.

Did you have examples where you were experiencing the issue? We were not successfull in reproducting the issue.

Further more, if you enable Secure Diagnostics Mode and PM me the 5-digit number, I can take a look from the backend to see what the issue could be.

Message 5 of 6
ErnieAlex
Aspirant

This works as expected:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
    <h3>Testing Netgear PHP page...</h3>
</body>
</html>

It displays the heading just fine from a LAN browser.  In this case, Firefox...

BUT, this same test.php file shows all of the PHP code in read when you view the source on the browser and the PHP code does not execute.  The ReadyNAS is updated to the latestest and greatest and PHP is installed and ON.   It is NOT throwing the CSRFP-ID errors

at this point, but, I have not included any libraries as yet.  (Such as JQuery...)

<?PHP
error_reporting(E_ALL);         //  TEMP ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
ini_set("display_errors", 1);   //  TEMP ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
    <h3>Testing Netgear PHP page...</h3>
    <?PHP echo "TESTING 1, 2, 3..."; ?>
</body>
</html>

So, I am guessing it is not really a CSRFP-ID error, but, something in the PHP section.  I did remove and reinstall the PHP APP.  

Did not help...   Frustrating...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements