× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readycloud not showing folder contents for other cloud users

amar007
Aspirant

readycloud not showing folder contents for other cloud users

Hi,

I am trying to share folder access to another readynas cloud user. The other person can view the parent folder but the contents inside the folder is empty (not showing). 

Does anyone know why this is not working/ sharing properly?

- thanks

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
amar007
Aspirant

Re: readycloud not showing folder contents for other cloud users

I figured it out:

1) remove the cloud user from the system ('go to readycloud website' -> select 'manage' -> delete the cloud user 

2) log into local readynas.

>>>select the folder you are having the permission issue -> go to settings->select 'file access tab' -> select 'reset' -> select 'reset permission' button.

3) re-add the clouduser permission to the folder via going to the readycloud website.

no idea why the permission was broken in the firstplace. feels like this is something Netgear should have refreshed as part of a firmware update if they changed the way permission was handeled over the years. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
amar007
Aspirant

Re: readycloud not showing folder contents for other cloud users

I figured it out:

1) remove the cloud user from the system ('go to readycloud website' -> select 'manage' -> delete the cloud user 

2) log into local readynas.

>>>select the folder you are having the permission issue -> go to settings->select 'file access tab' -> select 'reset' -> select 'reset permission' button.

3) re-add the clouduser permission to the folder via going to the readycloud website.

no idea why the permission was broken in the firstplace. feels like this is something Netgear should have refreshed as part of a firmware update if they changed the way permission was handeled over the years. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements