× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Air Video - Linux version

dgerson76
Aspirant

Air Video - Linux version

Gurus-

Looks like someone has ported Air Video (incredible iPhone/iPad app) to linux. This will enable on-the-fly streaming from the nas to any iphone or ipad, really adding another screen to the home.

Here is the info, I am not skilled enough to know if this will work on ReadyNAS duo, so if someone could take a look it would be much appreciated!

http://wiki.birth-online.de/know-how/ha ... rver-linux

thx!
Message 1 of 10
skylervm
Aspirant

I'm also very interested in this. I've been using Air Video with a MacMini server for awhile and it's been incredibly useful. I'm having to sell the Mini now though, so it'd be great if I could get this to work with the ReadyNas Duo.
Message 2 of 10
richie15
Aspirant

This works fine through a mac but I want to link this direct to the nas so that I dont have to have the mac on, anyone any ideas, shame you just cant edit the path in preferences.
Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The Duo/NV+ won't have enough horsepower to do the transcoding, but a x86 ReadyNAS e.g. the new Ultra or the even faster Pro, would.
Message 4 of 10
the_evaluator
Aspirant

Compared to ORB- the video quality is literally twice as good.
Message 5 of 10
xtrips1
Aspirant

Hello,

I am running the custom AirVideo v.2.0 on my Readynas Pro.
Once it is started it works very well, but it happens very often that when I try to access it and I find out it has crashed.
Any idea?
Any log or debug available on the Readynas maybe?
Message 6 of 10
miklo77
Aspirant

Hello ,

Yesterday I installed Air Video Server on my IMAC and on my Readynas Pro. Both are running smoothly on my Iphone , however ,

In the OSX(Gui) version you can choose the remote settings Tab and make your server accessible through the internet.
Can somebody tell me how to do this with the Readynas version? Can I specify a port in the ReadyNas.properties file?
Message 7 of 10
sdchew
Aspirant

I'm having a very strange issue with the latest version (2.0 Alpha 6) which seemingly results in data loss.

I'm setting this up on a clean new ReadyNAS Ultra 6+ running 2.4.19. After just setting some basic setting like the hostname, alerts, etc, I install the AirVideo 2.0 addon and the FFMPEG 2.0 addon. Following which, I copy video files into the media\video share folder. I reboot the NAS and BOOOOOM. Nothing left in media share except a AirVideo folder which appears. You cannot copy files into the share anymore.

I should mention that I wiped the NAS (Factory Default in Boot Menu) 3 times and managed to replicate this issue on all 3 occasions.

Help!
Message 8 of 10
sdchew
Aspirant

sdchew wrote:
I'm having a very strange issue with the latest version (2.0 Alpha 6) which seemingly results in data loss.

I'm setting this up on a clean new ReadyNAS Ultra 6+ running 2.4.19. After just setting some basic setting like the hostname, alerts, etc, I install the AirVideo 2.0 addon and the FFMPEG 2.0 addon. Following which, I copy video files into the media\video share folder. I reboot the NAS and BOOOOOM. Nothing left in media share except a AirVideo folder which appears. You cannot copy files into the share anymore.

I should mention that I wiped the NAS (Factory Default in Boot Menu) 3 times and managed to replicate this issue on all 3 occasions.

Help!

Managed to figure out what was wrong. Apparently, I needed to create a share called webroot. After which, AirServer won't kill the media directory and replace it with the 'hidden' webroot it created.

Thou interestingly, this bug only occurs when you install AirVideo. Reading this thread now

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57103&hilit=webroot
Message 9 of 10
sgpearman
Aspirant

:roll: I'd love to see this on the Duo v2
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation