× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cacti app doesn't work

tribalglow
Aspirant

Got it!!!

delete the cacti folder (once it is backed up if any data is needed).

then remove the mysql password for root 

use mysql;
UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('') where USER='root@localhost';
UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('') where USER='root';
flush privileges;
quit

Refresh your apps on the main ReadyNAS page

hit the upload button and upload the cacti.deb file 

Watch the error file here :

cd /var/log/readynasd

tail install_debpkg.log

Should be successful now. 

I was able to accomplish this by first getting mysql to take and then I accidentally had set the mysql password.  This was evident in the error file.  

But it looks like I got it now I need to rebuild my humpty dumpty cacti graphs.  I have the orginal folder I hope it is as easy as placing and chmoding.  

Good Luck!!

-Sincerely,

TribalGlow

Message 26 of 31
tribalglow
Aspirant

Sorry the last post had mysql command .  to logon to mysql do the following:

mysql --no-defaults --force --user=root --host=localhost --database=mysql  -p

Enter your password if you had one.  Then do the previous posts commands.  🙂

-Sincerely,

TribalGlow

Message 27 of 31
klausn
Tutor

Hi,

I have read the hole story, but I'm struggle because every time there will be added some other small issues.

Now I need to handle ssh too, and in the past I could remember if you enabled it (ssh) you will get "NO" Support from Netgear!

I have the publyc key for my ReadyNAS and imported by the admin user, but it seems I do no have luck too.

I can't Enter by ssh to my ReadyNAS, Massage: "Network error: Connections refused".

txs for so far.

Message 28 of 31
tribalglow
Aspirant

SSH never was an issue.  It is always active on the ReadyNAS as far as I recall.  As for voiding your ReadyNAS it seems like my only lucjk with their said apps was to SSH on so I have nothing loose once evrything broke for me.  You cna do the SSH Console and then make sure that it is activated. You will then have like SSH access with sudo level root.

Hope that helps

-Sincerely,

TribalGlow 

Message 29 of 31
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

We really only deny support for using SSH when you deliberably caused a failure and complain to our Support to fix something you broke. There are several locations where we are tracking user activity on the ReadyNAS so during our investigation, if we determine you caused this failure by your misuse of SSH, then we would deny the support and request you either fix it on your own or factory default and reproduce the issue without using SSH to cause the failure and we can take further look if it still persists (and is supported). 

Message 30 of 31
klausn
Tutor

Kohdee,

txs for sharing your information so that wil clear for all of us!

And Sure I will never complain to Support Desk when I have done the mistake!

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements