× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to ReadyNAS Duo

synaps_o_dan
Aspirant

Can't connect to ReadyNAS Duo

Hi all,

I am currently trying to get ReadyNAS Photos working. I have successfully createad a ReadyNAS account, recevied & confirmed the confirmation mail from RedyNAS and installed the RedayNAS Photos desktop software. However, if I try to connect to my ReadyNAS Duo with the desktop software, I get an error message saying that I can't connect to ReadyNAS Photos under xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx being the IP of my NAS. I have tried different authentifications with or without user names and passwords (admin included), all with the result that I can't connect. The error message reads as follows (in German):

share=[hostname=192.168.0.101, share=Dekoh$, username=admin], exit code=[2], error=[Systemfehler 1219 aufgetreten. Mehrfache Verbindungen zu einem Server oder einer freigegebenen Ressource von demselben Benutzer unter Verwendung mehrerer Benutzernamen sind nicht zul„ssig. Trennen Sie alle fr�heren Verbindungen zu dem Server bzw. der freigegebenen Ressource, und versuchen Sie es erneut. ]

It roughly says that multiple connections to a server or shared ressources from the same user under different user names are not allowed and that I should terminate all other connections and retry.

I have no idea what to do in this situation. Any help would be appreciated, as I apparently have hit a dead end here.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Message 1 of 9
minerva
Aspirant

Re: Can't connect to ReadyNAS Duo

Can you download and run RAIDar and see if it can discover your ReadyNAS ?

http://www.readynas.com/?cat=41

Are you able to connect to your ReadyNAS using the Frontview ?

-Minerva
Message 2 of 9
synaps_o_dan
Aspirant

Hi Minerva,

tanks for your quick reply.
Apart from the issue with ReadyNAS Photos, the Duo is working fine. Raidar did find it without problems. Currently I have two shares connected to my Windows PC as two network drives. MLDonkey is running. The only thing that is giving me a headache is ReadyNAS Photos. Since this is a feature I *definitely* want to use, I would be really grateful for any help.

Daniel
Message 3 of 9
minerva
Aspirant

Can you try connecting to ReadyNAS Duo after unmapping the network drives.

-Minerva
Message 4 of 9
synaps_o_dan
Aspirant

Hi Minerva,

I have disconnected the two shares and restartet both my PC and the ReadyNAS Duo. As soon as the systems were up again, I run the ReadyNAS Photos desktop application, but I got the same error message again (1219).

Thanks again,
Daniel
Message 5 of 9
minerva
Aspirant

Make sure all your network drives are disconnected before connecting to the ReadyNAS Duo.Can confirm the same by executing the command 'net use'.

-Minerva
Message 6 of 9
synaps_o_dan
Aspirant

Hi Minerva,

thanks for the tip. Here's what I've done.
1. I disconnected all shares from Windows. Plus, I had to stop the Norton Ghost service (under my computer->services). When I had done this, net use told me that the connection to my ReadyNAS Duo was disconnected.
2. I restarted the ReadyNAS. net use told me that the connection to my ReadyNAS Duo was disconnected.
3. I started the ReadyNAS photos desktop application. When the login appeared (the first one, before you can select a NAS and connet to it), net use found a connection to the Readynas.
4. When I tried to connect to the ReadyNAS Duo, I got the same error 1219 as before.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Message 7 of 9
minerva
Aspirant

Try out the below command on your PC where you have shared network drives and from where you are accessing ReadyNASPhotos application.

net use * /delete

This command will disconnect all connections to network shares that were listed when you typed "net use".

Can try connecting to ReadyNASDuo.

-Minerva
Message 8 of 9
synaps_o_dan
Aspirant

Hello Minerva,

thanks to your tips, I finally got ReadyNAS Photos working. During the login process I constantly monitored my network connections with "net use". At some time during the login, a connection to the ReadyNAS would appear, and I deleted it with "net use * /del". This worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot,
Daniel
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements