× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Downloading private bittorrents (from private tracker)

boezeroen
Aspirant

Downloading private bittorrents (from private tracker)

Hi,

does anyone know howto download bittorrents from private trackers? i dont see any option in transmission. It work with public torrents though.....

anyone? 😞
Message 1 of 4
DKloz
Aspirant

Most (private) trackers won't allow you to download from the default 6881 ports.

- Change the torrent download port in your bittorrent download manager to something between 15000 and 60000.
- Configure the port forwarding in your router (if it doesn't automatically) port X TCP to your NAS-ip.
- Disable the bittorrent downloader service in your NAS and enable to make sure port forward has been applied.
- Download torrentfile to your desktop/NAS to make sure all information is coming to your NAS.
- Import from file, sit back and relax!
Message 2 of 4
Jemini
Aspirant

boezeroen wrote:
Hi,

does anyone know howto download bittorrents from private trackers? i dont see any option in transmission. It work with public torrents though.....

anyone? 😞

There are two facets you should consider about:

1.the allowed client list. You are required to use only a particular client(and also the minimal version) to access it
2.bittorrent for readynas dose not support a passkey in the URL of tracker which are widely used in PT
Message 3 of 4
johnroger
Aspirant

Hi,

I just got my ReadyNAS Ultra, and was really ready for running it as my little torrent-machine to gain some ratio.
But as i have the same probles downloading private torrents, and wondering if it's IMPOSSIBLE to get some sort of upload going to private torrents?
As i read through different posts it seems like some manage to do it. When checking my port-fowarding and setup everything seems OK. And normal public torrents have no problems uploading.

Any tips - or should i just quick and try to sell my box?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements