× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Having trouble to Readynas remote with iPhone

Vinblue
Aspirant

Having trouble to Readynas remote with iPhone

Hello all,

Im hoping you can figure out another problem i have been fighting with for days now.
Problem is can't access my ReadyNAS via. my iPhone anymore. I used to, no problem, but then all of a sudden it stopped working.

I have downloaded the newest app on iPhone app store of course.
Then i sign on, and it looks like I'm successfully signed on (because i have the ability to sign off).
But when i click the "ReadyNAS Remote tab" it says: Please make sure you have added your ReadyNAS Remote username to the Allowed list in the ReadyNAS Remote Management page on your ReadyNAS.

And that i have done. I also tried uninstall the add on, and then reinstall it again and put myself on the allowed list. It doesn't work.
I also tried deleting the app on the iPhone and install it again, but no luck.

Then i tried inviting my mother to use ReadyNAS remote. She created an account, and it's working just fine on her iPod.
So then i try using her credentials on my iPhone, and i get the same problem.

Ehmmm, so I'm really really lost now. Why did it stop working all of a sudden?

UPDATE: Apparently when i use her iPod and use my credentials to log on, i get the same error message saying I'm not on the allowed lists.
But i can sign off, and sign back on with her credentials no problem.

But why can't i use her credentials on my iPhone? 😞

All help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
Vinblue
Aspirant

After restoring the iPhone and installing the app again, i can now sign-on with my mothers account. Thats a start.
My own is still listed as "not allowed access", but it is.
Message 2 of 8
Vinblue
Aspirant

Ok, for some reason it started working again, i am not longer denied access, and it's leaving me very confused.

My ReadyNAS was doing something when i booted it this morning, thus i couldn't enter setup. It may have been an update, i don't know.
I also did add a new share.
Thats the only things i can think of, i haven't done anything else.

Although i still can't access my share from my iPhone or iPod.

I get this message when logging into via. CIFS.

I cannot gain acces to this share via. CIFS either from Mac, PC or iPhone. And i have used the correct credentials from the local user on the ReadyNAS.
But i can gain access to the ReadyNAS with CIFS, just not to that specific share.

I was also about to post that i couldn't get access via. FTP, getting this message:

But for some reason there is no problem now, and again it appears to be completely random.
And yes, the FTP service was enabled the whole time as i could gain FTP access with my mac.

This is indeed better that nothing, but i'd still like to gain access with CIFS, or at least find out why it doesn't work.

All this randomness is leaving me a little concerned. And annoyed as i been spent hours on getting it to work, i don't know how i fixed it, and i have the feeling the same problems may occur again.
Message 3 of 8
supergedeon
Aspirant

did this begin after 4.1.9 upgrade if you are on a Duo ?
Message 4 of 8
Vinblue
Aspirant

It may have, i don't remember. But i am using a Duo and running 4.1.9 firmware.
Message 5 of 8
supergedeon
Aspirant

because I have the same problem ("unable to login" when I click on a share name) since this upgrade 😞
Message 6 of 8
Vinblue
Aspirant

Does it work when you connect with FTP, or is it the same message?
Message 7 of 8
supergedeon
Aspirant

if I connect with FTP using one of the registered users it works ok

Note : I deleted readynas remote on the iPhone and reinstalled/reconfigured. it now works ok again :?
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements