× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to share files using links

JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

How to share files using links

To Egnyte users of the ReadyNAS community! I will be posting "how to" topics relating to Egnyte capabilities.
If you're an Egnyte user these posts will help explain some of the features of Egnyte.
If you're not an Egnyte user, these posts will be the best 5 minutes of procrastination you'll get all week.

First Topic: "How to share files using links"

1. Go to yourdomain.egnyte.com to sign in (don't literally type "yourdomain"... we keep track of how many people actually type that, you don't want to be on that list)

(my domain is egnyte.egnyte.com since that's where I work)

2. Once you're logged in, check the file that you want to share

3. Click the send link button

4. Set the duration of the link

... and you're done! You now have a link that you can send out to anyone you wish to share the file with!
https://egnyte.egnyte.com/h-s/20110808/dc46663e6e18486e
(this is the link I generated writing this "how to" post... present for yoh-dah 😎 )

If you have any questions/comments regarding this "how to post" or anything Egnyte related please feel free to post!

Cheers!
~ Johnny
Message 1 of 3
THEP
Aspirant

Re: How to share files using links

nice how to guide... one useful feature i found with using file links is that they are great for sharing files on twitter. sometimes i need to share article with alot of people, i just tweet the headline and attach a condensed version of the file link... then anyone thats following me can just download the article and retweet it to other people. dont know if many people know about that, just a tip from my experience.
Message 2 of 3
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: How to share files using links

Thanks THEP, great tip on using file sharing links for Twitter.
Egnyte file links are also useful for sharing files on Facebook and LinkedIn, where file attachment is typically a problem.

~ Johnny
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements