× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Surveillance is not accepting my serial number as license (ReadyNASRNDU2000)

Stevieken
Aspirant

Netgear Surveillance is not accepting my serial number as license (ReadyNASRNDU2000)

Dear,

I bought my readyNAS about 5 years ago and never used the addon surveillance. Last week I wanted to enter my serial number to activate the Netgear Surveillance license but it is saying it is not valid. I have read that the serial number of my ReadyNAS should give me a 2 - camera license. 

Does someone can help me with this ?

Thanks

Steven

Model: RRDESK01-10000S|ReadyRECOVER Desktop Edition
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Stevieken
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Surveillance is not accepting my serial number as license (ReadyNASRNDU2000)

You have been very helpful, thank you for your assistance !!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Surveillance is not accepting my serial number as license (ReadyNASRNDU2000)

Hello Stevieken,

Unfortunately, you have a discontinued unit that has no update anymore for ReadyNAS Surveillance.

Have you tried activating the license when NAS is offline? Please see page 33 of http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/ReadyNAS_Surveillance_UM_7May12.pdf

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stevieken,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
Stevieken
Aspirant

Hello JennC,

Sorry for the late response, I had a very busy week.

Thank you for your answer but it is not liking the SN. Not sure if it is related to the format of the SN.

When I run it with the offline tools, during the activation it is coming up with the following error:

SN (2EH1-xxxx-0024-4) is invalid (error code 10)

Where the xxxx is filled in with the correct digits of course 🙂

Thank you in advance for further assistance.

Steven

Message 4 of 8
sotrack
Luminary

Hello, Stevieken

ReadyNAS Serial Number and Camera license number are different things. License number has format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. ReadyNAS Surveillance require License number activation.

Message 5 of 8
Stevieken
Aspirant

Hello,

Ok, that makes sense 🙂

Can you tell  me where I can buy this license ? On the netgear page, as I live in Belgium, the only site to buy licenses should be www.misco.co.uk but I can't find anything about it.

Any suggestions ?

Message 6 of 8
sotrack
Luminary

Try to check with google

License names are 

RNNVR01L-10000S_   1 camera

RNNVR02L-10000S_    2 cameras

RNNVR04L-10000S_     4 cameras     (amazon offer is $300. It is quite expensive.)

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/Surveillance-Licenses-for-sale-and-tra...

Message 7 of 8
Stevieken
Aspirant

You have been very helpful, thank you for your assistance !!

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements