× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

phantomwhale
Aspirant

Ah yeah, I'm on a SPARC based ReadyNAS NV+
Message 501 of 921
Seraph1
Aspirant

I'm using the latest version of Transmission on a ReadyNAS NV+ and it seems that it doesn't manage to communicate with trackers whose URLs start with udp://. Anyone else having this problem?
Message 502 of 921
Andreas75k
Aspirant

Seraph wrote:
I'm using the latest version of Transmission on a ReadyNAS NV+ and it seems that it doesn't manage to communicate with trackers whose URLs start with udp://. Anyone else having this problem?

Having the same problem, UDP should work but doesn't... 😞
Message 503 of 921
Aethylred
Aspirant

Seraph wrote:

Seems similar to the trouble I'm having with Transmission on a ReadyNAS Duo

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=57240

UDP torrents seems to lock up Transmission and make the interface (via Web or Transmission UI) unable to connect to the daemon, but I'm not sure if Transmission is actually doing any real work.
Message 504 of 921
Andreas75k
Aspirant

Having big problems with latest Transmission 2.34 beta 04 on my ReadyNAS Duo with 4.1.8.

I can get everything up and running, and I can start downloads without problems. But as soon as the first torrent is finished downloading Transmission crashes and I have to log in to Frontview and restart it. Only today I've had to restart it 5-6 times already and that's only with a total of 3 torrents being downloaded/seeded...

Is this on the radar already and worked on?
Message 505 of 921
sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar issues here. Got them with 2.31 so am on the 2.34 beta now Transmission keeps stopping. Sometimes the processes are still running on the NAS and sometimes not - but when it dies I can't connect via either web or Transmission remote.
Status of torrents is now reported as 'unknown' - even after a 'check'. Download speed is erratic now and often drops to zero for minutes at a time.
Never gets much above 1MB/s download speed but on the PC it goes to straight to 3.5-3.6MB/s within about 10 seconds using utorrent (but sadly I've always had that issue. 😞 )
Have never had these stopping issues before when on 2.11. May try going back to that.
Message 506 of 921
speedie701
Aspirant

Could have done something stupid but just installed Transmission on my NVX and it has trashed my Media shared folder (sort of).

DLNA shares are still showing everything that's in the Media folder but browsing to the Windows share shows an empty Media share..

I have had a quick look through the forum to find a fix but there are so many Transminssion threads it's a bit tricky to find. Happy to resolve myself if someone can point out the right thread..
Message 507 of 921
piepskie
Aspirant

Oke, i am banging my head, crying my eyes out and so on. Shortly: i am lost.
I have the readynas ultra 6, raider 4.2.19 in combination with macbook air.

I fresly installed the add-on transmission, did the update and now i want to use the version 2.40.02.
I did not change any settings, just tried to start a download. I go to transmission via raid-ar>add-on>transmission interface.
I opened a torrentfile, and then after a while (this differs from time to time and can be after completing 5,7,21,53,72%)i get the error: permission denied

After pressing resume, i get another error: Error: No Data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Set Location". To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it.

I have read a lot of posts on the permission denied problem but none solved my problem. I do not know what is wrong, can someone please help me?
Message 508 of 921
dsm1212
Apprentice

First thing I'd check is if you've enabled ssh access connect to the system use "ps -ef | grep transmission" to see who the process is running as (should be user nobody). Then go to /c/media/BitTorrent and make sure that user has full access to that directory and all of it's subdirectories. Something tells me I had the same issue after I installed it and fixed it this way.
Message 509 of 921
GJSchaller
Guide

I'm running into an issue installing 2.40.03 - I had 2.40.02 installed, and attempted the auto-update, but when it completed, it said that I was still running 2.40.02, and an update was available. Also, once the update was complete, the service would not start.

I wasn't able to do the update despite several attempts, so I went back and downloaded 2.34.04, and installed it from the BIN file - it installed fine, and listed. 2.40.03 as being available. I tried to update again, and it did... and the installed version was listed as 2.40.02, with an update (2.40.03) being available. It looks like the version number may be wrong in the new update?
Message 510 of 921
Andreas75k
Aspirant

Reverted back to 2.11 and all my problems are gone. I'm officially never updating Transmission again!
Message 511 of 921
sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here Andreas. Except now, when I try to update the blocklist (Transmission Remote 3.24) I get the error "gotnewblocklist: http error 404: Not Found" 😞
How high do your download speeds reach on your Duo?
Message 512 of 921
Andreas75k
Aspirant

Re: Re: New Transmission add-on thread

sjw wrote:
Same here Andreas. Except now, when I try to update the blocklist (Transmission Remote 3.24) I get the error "gotnewblocklist: http error 404: Not Found" 😞
How high do your download speeds reach on your Duo?

No problems with the blocklist that I know of. Just tested download speed with the latest episode of The big bang theory and speed was between 1,2 and 1,5 Mb/s. Seems ok to me as I'm on ADSL. Sure, I should have 24 Mbit (3 Mb/s), but about 12 Mbit seems to be what I can get out of this old phone line.

What do you get?
Message 513 of 921
dafunk85
Aspirant

I have a problem after installing transmission 2.33.2 in my readynas pro 6
the problem is, after installing transmission, it replace all my data files in media folder especially in CIFS sharing protocols, it replace with transmission folder but the files is not deleted just hid by transmission folder.

the question is, can i make my data files back appear again, coz i really need those files, especially when share with CIFS share protocols, the other protocol is not problem

please , really need the solusion 😞
Message 514 of 921

I bought a new Readynas Ultra Plus 4 yesterday and I'm running 4.2.19. I haven't installed any software except Transmission 2.34 beta 4 and I'm having a lot of problems. If i download more than 3 torrents the whole GUI freezes up, if I try to update in frontview to the latest Transmission build it failes and I can't access Transmission anymore, I can't reinstall it over the previous version either, then i get a error message. Right now I have run a factory default on my readynas, does anyone recommend a good stable version of transmission?
Message 515 of 921
sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Andreas75k wrote:
...Just tested download speed with the latest episode of The big bang theory and speed was between 1,2 and 1,5 Mb/s. Seems ok to me as I'm on ADSL. Sure, I should have 24 Mbit (3 Mb/s), but about 12 Mbit seems to be what I can get out of this old phone line.

What do you get?
I'm on a 30Mb connection and if I download using utorrent to the PC I get 3.5 - 3.6MB/s no problem. i.e. max out the connection. Through Transmission on the Duo I occasionally may reach 1.5MB/s. (note the MB and Mb).

sveinemonster wrote:
I bought a new Readynas Ultra Plus 4 yesterday and I'm running 4.2.19. I haven't installed any software except Transmission 2.34 beta 4 and I'm having a lot of problems. If i download more than 3 torrents the whole GUI freezes up, if I try to update in frontview to the latest Transmission build it failes and I can't access Transmission anymore, I can't reinstall it over the previous version either, then i get a error message. Right now I have run a factory default on my readynas, does anyone recommend a good stable version of transmission?
I would avoid 2.34 - many people seem to be having problems with it. Sadly no replies back yet. 😞
Message 516 of 921
mustang2
Aspirant

dafunk85 wrote:
I have a problem after installing transmission 2.33.2 in my readynas pro 6
the problem is, after installing transmission, it replace all my data files in media folder especially in CIFS sharing protocols, it replace with transmission folder but the files is not deleted just hid by transmission folder.

the question is, can i make my data files back appear again, coz i really need those files, especially when share with CIFS share protocols, the other protocol is not problem

please , really need the solusion 😞

I have the same problem with ReadyNAS Ultra 2. I just installed transmission for the first time and was prompted to update to version 2.40.03 which took several attempts to update. After that my saved files were no longer visible on the ReadyNAS or through Windows. The funny thing is that the ReadyNAS Frontview disk usage indicated that the files were taking up space and my TV was still able to stream these files via DLNA service. I had to reset the unit to factory default and start from scratch. Seams like a bug somewhere.
Message 517 of 921
mateuszwdowiak
Aspirant

Andreas75k wrote:
mateuszwdowiak wrote:
Hello,
Recently I've been using Transmission 2.31, but the out of memory exception occured, so i got back to Transmision 2.11...
Downloading torrents seems to be ok, but i have a problem with uploading- there are always only 0 or 1 peer available, but most of the time there is no peers available.
The port is open on my router, so I don't know what else can i do...
Maybe i can change anything in the settings or something?
Do you have any ideas?

You can try the new beta from here:
http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24271#p133300

Unfortunatelly, when using a new beta version, the problem still occurs. I have no peers available for my torrents. Please, any ideas what can i do ?
Message 518 of 921
lappen71
Aspirant

The only version that works for me is 2.1x
Only trouble is if i turn of My Nas Transmission verifies all my torrent that's not finished.
Message 519 of 921
mateuszwdowiak
Aspirant

and another issue is that when i restart ReadyNas transmission doesn't start
Message 520 of 921

Now I have tried my way through all the updates from 2.11 to 2.34 beta 4, if I use 2.11 i download most torrents with a speed well above 6 MB/s but transmission randomly stops and i can't download torrents from eztv.it... Now I'm back on 2.34 beta 4, the only version that doesn't stop on me, but I only get a maximum download speed of about 1 MB/s, torrents from eztv.it will seed, but torrents from sites I'm registered to won't seed. The last couple of times I tried to upgrade to 2.40.03 via frontview I got a error message and the transmission add-on disappeared from the add-on menu in frontview, I wasn't able to reinstall it either without doing a factory default of the NAS. So does anyone have any idea how I can get transmission seeding, and getting faster download speeds? How to successfully upgrade to 2.40.03? The speed is not limited in the preference menu.
Message 521 of 921
enkrypt3d
Tutor

Anyone use VPN or proxies with Transmission?

http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-provi ... ly-111007/

One weird issue is that if you put the / at the end of <nasip>:8181/transmission/web/ it gives an error... not really a big deal just thought I'd point that out. 🙂
Message 522 of 921
vspb
Aspirant

remove
Message 523 of 921
MarAri
Aspirant

Hi!

I used 2.33.02 for a long while, and it worked great! However... I updated to the latest version, and after that something strange has happened... I can't connect with transdroid app from my android phone (the app even FC). And now the NAS can't see any Transmission installation, so I tried to install it again, but I couldn't. It complained about some conflict. So I did an OS-reinstall and tried to install Transmission again. Didn't work either.
Message 524 of 921
PatrikL
Aspirant

Just installed 2.41 and it has been up for a full 10 minutes. This is compared to less than a minute before it crashed (using the same torrents) so something has definately been done 🙂
Message 525 of 921
Announcements