× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

Mr_B
Guide

Deaf_Raiders wrote:
Is anyone having problems with it going inactive after a few mins after booting it on?
Mine just went inactive. Not after a few minutes but a couple of weeks of uptime. Tried restarting the NAS to get it resolved and it seams to have done it for now.
Cromm wrote:
There's another thread on that topic and the recommendation is to change the default-cache size from 200 down to 8 or less.
What thread would that be? I might need it soon.
B!
Message 601 of 921
ngalarneau
Aspirant

I'm on the local network try to access the web interface from a standard home network 192.168.11.*.
Message 602 of 921
WhoCares_
Mentor

Strange, that should work. Have you tried re-installing the add-on?

-Stefan
Message 603 of 921
ngalarneau
Aspirant

WhoCares? wrote:
Strange, that should work. Have you tried re-installing the add-on?

-Stefan

Yeah I've tried a couple times now. Tried changing the Port as well and instead of the other message I posted I get a 404 error. Thought maybe it was a security/network setup issue so tried disabling DMZing my desktop and opening everything.
Message 604 of 921
WhoCares_
Mentor

404 means "not found" - so something seems to have gone completely wrong with installing the add-on (although the ReadyNAS may have said otherwise). What firmware revision is on your ReadyNAS, 5.3.1 or 5.3.2?

-Stefan
Message 605 of 921
WhoCares_
Mentor

I think I found the problem, please donwload the new version here: http://readynasxtras.com/addons/files/a ... -0.1.5.bin and see whether this works for you. Please UNINSTALL the old version first.

-Stefan
Message 606 of 921
castiboy
Aspirant

Mr_B wrote:
Cromm wrote:
There's another thread on that topic and the recommendation is to change the default-cache size from 200 down to 8 or less.
What thread would that be? I might need it soon.
B!

This would be it:

https://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=58589&start=30

Transmission has been pretty unusable on my old duo since I upgraded my drives and did a clean 4.1.7 radiator install. At first it was just horrible DL speeds and the really low number of connected peers, to the point I stopped using it for a while... (with all versions of transmission 2.1 and above, including the one that worked before the upgrade)
It got better a few weeks ago but speeds weren't great, still I decided to give it a shot again, and then it just started crashing on me repeatedly, no matter what version I use (duo runs out of memory, kills transmission).

I'm currently on the latest v2.42 and it's been 2 days since I changed the cache size from 200 MB to 8. Not only has it not crashed on me, I'm actually downloading at 1.3-1.8 MB/s, whereas it wouldn't go above 500 KB/s since the system reset.
Message 607 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

1.3-1.8MB/s is what i see as default, but i got the NV+ and stuck a 1GB memory in it, so i suppose that does it. I'll see if i can log on to the share, and try the settings change, but for some reason it defaults to Readynas/Guest as user, and it cant be changed. (grayed out) I guess it's a issue with Windows XP x64, so i'll try and get a laptop running on the net and see if i can tweak it. Anything i can do to increase speed and stability is a good thing. Thanks for the link.
B!

Edit
My memory was wrong, it wasn't the user name that was the issue, the darn thing just didn't ant to accept the password sent as the right one. The laptop made easy work of it, and i set it to 20, for a starter test... I'm hoping to get slightly better speeds, more then some huge boost in reliability.
/Edit

Edit (Second)
Seams to do what i was hoping for it to do. I'm hitting 1.9MB/s right now, without a doubt the fastest single download since i started, and thats with a few (very slow) streams going up. Not much of an actual speed improvement, but it seams to stay at speed rather then bouncing up and down as it did before.
/Edit

Edit (Third)
Upload-speed "record" is currently 3.2MB/s, but it still bounce pretty much as it did b4. The average download speeds are "a lot" higher, so over all, speed improved quite a bit. If you haven't tweaked the cache size, and you have a good speed connection, do it, regardless of stability issues.
/Edit
Message 608 of 921
ngalarneau
Aspirant

WhoCares? wrote:
I think I found the problem, please donwload the new version here: http://readynasxtras.com/addons/files/arm/TransmissionBT_2.42-arm-0.1.5.bin and see whether this works for you. Please UNINSTALL the old version first.

-Stefan

Working like a champ. Thanks for such a quick fix!
Message 609 of 921
WhoCares_
Mentor

ngalarneau wrote:
Working like a champ. Thanks for such a quick fix!

Glad it fixed your problem. Thanks for reporting back!

-Stefan
Message 610 of 921
ianmacd
Aspirant

This didn't garner a response last time, so I'm trying again now.

After upgrading to 2.42, the setting to control browser refresh frequency has disappeared.

This was always session-specific anyway and would often mysteriously revert back to 5 seconds, but at least I could keep changing it. Now, the setting has been removed from Preferences and I'm stuck at 5 seconds, rather than the 1 second refresh rate that I would prefer.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
Message 611 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

I have to admit, i have no idea how to fix your issue, but thats really not why i'm writing. With the amount of traffic your generating asking for 1 sec polling intervals, your losing performance, increasing power-use, and gaining... nothing, really? Why is it that you want 1 second information polling?
B!
Message 612 of 921
baygacon
Aspirant

Have you tried 2.43.00?
Message 613 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

I'm curious about this myself. The note associated with 2.43 (in the add-on UI) reports it's a beta. I looked in the Transmission post in the intel add-on forum here and the release numbers there only go up to 2.3x. So where are we supposed to find out what's in these releases to decide if it's worth upgrading?
Message 614 of 921
JarnoG
Guide

Super Poussin is only putting the new versions of Transmission in the add-ons, so the release notes are the same as the original program. You can find those here.
Message 615 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

Fair enough, but that only shows up to the last /production/ release. We're being prompted to install 2.43 BETA in admin UI now. Which means someone encapsulated it into an add-on update and yet there's no notes published. Ah well. Guess I'll have to hunt down beta notes about Transmission actual separately. But this sort of breaks tradition where the add-on notes are concerned.
Message 616 of 921
noob2012
Aspirant

Hi, can a noob ask a Q?
the web UI ask 4 a password, and admin doesn't work, plz advice 🙂
Message 617 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

Password1, possibly password1 ?
B!
Message 618 of 921
noob2012
Aspirant

Mr_B wrote:
Password1, possibly password1 ?
B!

so , user=password1 and password=password1?
Message 619 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

I believe the user is admin, and password should be password1, but i cant say for sure, as i changed my password...
B!
Message 620 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

Connect to your NAS via CIFS as "admin" user (ReadyNAS admin, not Transmission) and open up \\<yournas>\c\addons-config\Transmission\transmission-daemon . Then view the file settings.json. You're looking for the settings "rpc-username" and "rpc-password".

If you want to change these, DO NOT modify this file. Close it. Then SHUT DOWN the Transmission add-on via Frontview. Then come back here and re-open the file -- it gets overwritten by Transmission when it shuts down. Now you can change these two values to whatever you like.

Also keep in mind that the rpc-password you see is not human readable. If you change the password, it will be encrypted when Transmission next starts up. Which is what you should do once you update and save the settings.json file.

Enjoy!
Message 621 of 921
noob2012
Aspirant

thx, tested, but 😞
"Transmission service failed to start."

I ges I change "rpc-password": "Change-me-plz" ( what's between the "" )
and I changed the username from admin 2 something ells, all a-z

plz advice 😄
Message 622 of 921
noob2012
Aspirant

restored settings.json, but no luck, removed and are reinstalling.
Message 623 of 921
noob2012
Aspirant

removed ad on, and re installing, now it starts, but web UI is dead

"Connection FailedCould not connect to the server. You may need to reload the page to reconnect."

duo 4.1.7 and latest Trans 2.42 , plz advice 🙂
Message 624 of 921
noob2012
Aspirant

hum, restarted browser, and I get a web UI, sortry, didn't test that, but still can't change login, but never mind.
I save my Q quota :)))
Message 625 of 921
Announcements