× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Notification of failed synchronizations

silverhead
Aspirant

Notification of failed synchronizations

Hi,

we've just discovered that our NAS hadn't been syncing for some days, due to a NTP error (time went back to 1992; after a reboot, I guess). The problem is not only that this happened, but that we didn't notice sooner. Is there any kind of notification in Egnyte's Local Cloud or the NAS that could be used to be warned of these issues?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: Notification of failed synchronizations

There is an inactive sync notification under admin settings (file server configuration) that will notify you if any type of sync hasn't occurred in a set time.

Message 2 of 3
silverhead
Aspirant

Re: Notification of failed synchronizations

JohnnyEgnyte wrote:
There is an inactive sync notification under admin settings (file server configuration) that will notify you if any type of sync hasn't occurred in a set time.

Just a couple hours after posting my message I realized we had been getting these messages, but I thought it was due to an iPad not synchronizing for some time. It wasn't very clear that the problem was with the OLC too.

Thanks anyway: I've switched off the notifications for personal clients, so now, when I get some message about sync inactivity, I'll pay more attention 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements