× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OLC "error getting local snapshot"

silverhead
Aspirant

OLC "error getting local snapshot"

Hi,

since yesterday (more or less, I don't know exactly), our OLC can't sync with Egnyte. The only message displayed in the logs is "error getting local snapshot". Time ago, following a reboot, the NAS lost the right time (due to Netgear faulty NTP servers) and gave this same error. But now there hadn't been any reboots, and the time is right.

Is there something I can look to find what's going on?
Message 1 of 7
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: OLC "error getting local snapshot"

Have you upgraded to the latest OLC version? If you have and this problem occurs please submit a support ticket, we are in the process of monitoring any sync issues after our latest release.

Thanks,
~ Johnny
Message 2 of 7
silverhead
Aspirant

JohnnyEgnyte wrote:
Have you upgraded to the latest OLC version? If you have and this problem occurs please submit a support ticket, we are in the process of monitoring any sync issues after our latest release.

No, I've not upgraded yet. We're still at version 6.7.1. Anyway, now the error disappeared, but OLC has been in "Applying workgroup changes" state for a day. Should I submit a support ticket anyway? Could this be solved updating to the latest firmware version?

Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 7
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

silverhead wrote:
JohnnyEgnyte wrote:

No, I've not upgraded yet. We're still at version 6.7.1. Anyway, now the error disappeared, but OLC has been in "Applying workgroup changes" state for a day. Should I submit a support ticket anyway? Could this be solved updating to the latest firmware version?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, please upgrade to the latest OLC version. This might be a sync issue due to the outdated version you are currently using. After upgrading let me know if any issue persists, I can take it up with support.
Message 4 of 7
silverhead
Aspirant

JohnnyEgnyte wrote:

Yes, please upgrade to the latest OLC version. This might be a sync issue due to the outdated version you are currently using. After upgrading let me know if any issue persists, I can take it up with support.

The upgrade worked, but we're unable to sync yet. The logs say "unknown error". Is there anything else I can do to get more information about what's happening?

Thanks in advance.
Message 5 of 7
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Can you submit a ticket and then provide the ticket #? I'll escalate your ticket and talk with support.
Message 6 of 7
silverhead
Aspirant

JohnnyEgnyte wrote:
Can you submit a ticket and then provide the ticket #? I'll escalate your ticket and talk with support.

This is weird. I've just sent a support request directly from OLC, and when I checked again ... it was already working! It started working at 1:58am and has been since then with no errors.

I don't know what happened. I didn't change anything, or did anything special. I've sent another support request from OLC to cancel my previous support request. I know it sounds very lame, but it's the only way I could think of to do it O:-)

Thanks anyway. I hope this was just a hiccup and we have no further problems with OLC.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements