× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OwnCloud add-on thread

nieldm
Aspirant

Can anyone tell me how to configure owncloud on a ReadyNAS Duo to use the USB attached hard drive? I want to attach a 1TB USB disk and use that for the cloud, leaving my main storage (used for Time Machine) untouched.

I can't see anything obvious in the settings.....

Guidance appreciated!
Message 51 of 72
beniroquai
Aspirant

If anybody is interested: It's possible to install owncloud on the new OS6 version. Just install the wordpress, PHP and MySQL package. Finally you can use the script provided in the earlier posts here. I did it as the following:

Create a MySQL-Database for Example:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.    

mysql> CREATE DATABASE owncloud;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON owncloud.* TO "owncloud"@"localhost"
-> IDENTIFIED BY "password";
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> EXIT
Bye
#

Then install owncloud:

cd /tmp 
wget http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-5.0.6.tar.bz2
tar -xjf owncloud-5.0.6.tar.bz2
mv owncloud /apps/wordpress/web
chown -R admin:admin /apps/wordpressweb

Then go to you browser and finish the installation routine. It's working perfectly! Htaccess might be tricky. Any suggestion how to handle it?
Message 52 of 72
fastfwd
Virtuoso

nieldm wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to configure owncloud on a ReadyNAS Duo to use the USB attached hard drive? I want to attach a 1TB USB disk and use that for the cloud, leaving my main storage (used for Time Machine) untouched.

In your owncloud directory, there's probably a "data" directory already symlinked to something like /c/.owncloud/data/ . Change that symlink to point at a directory on your USB drive instead (and set the ownership and permissions on that new directory to match the ownership/permissions of the /c/.owncloud/data/ directory), then restart your webserver.
Message 53 of 72
WSJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

OwnCloud 5.0.8 on ReadyNAS Duo

I'm currently running OwnCloud 5.0.5 on my Duo - and it works fine.
I've tried to update to 5.0.8 but that's causing the following "Fatal PHP" error:
xcache_clear_cache(): xcache.admin.user and/or xcache.admin.pass settings is not configured. Make sure you've modified the correct php ini file for your php used in webserver. at /usr/share/owncloud/lib/util.php#853 

Did anyone experience the same and managed to fix it?

ReadyNAS Duo (v1) with RAIDiator 4.1.12
PHP Version 5.3.17-0rnx1
XCache Version 2.0.1
xcache.admin.enable_auth = On

http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13382 makes me believe that 5.0.8 is buggy - should better wait for 5.0.9
Message 54 of 72
MontyJ
Aspirant

I just installed the only available OwnCloud version I saw that was available through the add-ons on the Netgear site. However, the 4.0.4 version is about a year old, and a newer one for ARM is available, 4.0.16, according to OwnCloud support.

Is there install manager for that version, ie is there a .bin file I can download and install over the current year old version? OwnCloud said I could do a manual install, but not sure how to go about that on the ReadyNAS Duo V2.

Anyone have a link for the newer file, or a procedure I can use to manually install the newer version into the Duo?

Thanks!

Montyj
Message 55 of 72
fastfwd
Virtuoso

MontyJ wrote:
Anyone have a link for the newer file, or a procedure I can use to manually install the newer version into the Duo?

See the answer I just posted to your question on the Owncloud forum:
https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13566&p=35171#p35171
Message 56 of 72
slobberbone
Aspirant

Hye all, on this page, you've got in comment multiple steps to pass to 5 owncloud's version : http://www.slobberbone.net/dotclear/ind ... as-Ultra-4

Good luck !
Message 57 of 72
beniroquai
Aspirant

One quick question: Is there a guide on how to install the owncloud without the addon? 😉 THank you for the upgrade guide anyway!! 🙂
Message 58 of 72
slobberbone
Aspirant

Hye all !

I've update my owncloud instance from 5.0.7 to 5.0.10 and I've a problem, Error 500, it's because xcache is not configured.
You have to edit /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/xcache.ini
And configure it like :
[xcache.admin]
xcache.admin.enable_auth = On
; Configure this to use admin pages
xcache.admin.user = "admin"
; xcache.admin.pass = md5(thepasswordwithoutMD5encryption)
xcache.admin.pass = "thepasswordwithMD5encryption"

You can use this page to encrypt directly in md5 : http://www.md5.fr/ or try comment the last line and uncomment this one ; xcache.admin.pass = md5(thepasswordwithoutMD5encryption)

After that, I've got a problem of redirection ... again ...
Message 59 of 72
slobberbone
Aspirant

After that, I've got a problem of redirection ... again ...

I closed my web browser and reopen it, and Owncloud works like a charm !
Message 60 of 72
herko1
Aspirant

I have an Ultra 4 with RAIDiator (latest). Is there some way to install OwnCloud 5 on my machine, or someone willing to explain how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated (also because the readnasxtra's site has crashed and the owncloud addon has vanished from the interwebs).
Message 61 of 72
super_poussin
Virtuoso

did you try : http://rnxtras.com/
Message 62 of 72
DasQball
Aspirant

Like a noob I went rogue on this owncloud updating and tried it (before I found the site with the instructions). I was actually getting somewhere, and luckily I didn't have anything set up to be worried about. Somehow during the process I messed up, and now I can access the owncloud from HTTP rather than HTTPS. I removed what I did, and removed the add-on through the Genie Apps, but after re-installing it the HTTP access is still allowed. Is it possible someone might know where I could change that back so that it only is allowed over HTTPS?

Also, is there any headway with Owncloud 5.0.11?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for making the rookie mistake of thinking I could re-invent the wheel.
Message 63 of 72
Duov2
Aspirant

Does anyone have the own cloud add-on 4.0.4 that you could send to me? readynasxtras does not host it anymore.
Message 64 of 72
karlblomquist
Aspirant

I am also in need of the owncloud add-on for x86 on OS 4.x.x. If anyone can point me to it, thanks!
Message 65 of 72
chirpa
Luminary

Maybe try posting on those forums; http://rnxtras.com/topic/owncloud
Message 66 of 72
Scouser
Aspirant

Where can I get this owncloud x86 on OS 4.x.x addo? Readynasxtras has stopped hosting it as already mentioned above.
Is there a reason why it is no longer available?

Anyone willing to PM me the .bin?

TIA
Message 67 of 72
Mastoul
Aspirant

I have a readynas 104. I want to install the owncloud app but when all is finished and I am asked to create an admin account a message pops up that I have a corrupted webdav and I should check again the installation. What should I do?
Message 68 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

webdav on the NAS may be broken, check other means (https/network WebDAV drive mount, etc)
Message 69 of 72
beniroquai
Aspirant

I succesfully upgraded to OC7 with this: (on OS6)
wget
tar

rsync --inplace -rtv /data/home/Bene/owncloud-7.0.0.tar/owncloud-7.0.0/owncloud/ /apps/owncloud/web/

chown -R admin:admin /apps/owncloud/web/*

reboot
Message 70 of 72
Tobaxt
Aspirant

Dear all,

I am trying to get Owncloud running on my server, but I get the WebDav Error message, I also reinstalled PHP and Owncloud again. Also I can not access it via the Win8 client from Owncloud.

Has anybody a good idea what is wrong?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Tobias
Message 71 of 72
The_Garden_Snak
Aspirant

Hello.

This might bee a real noob question. But i just installed owncloud 7.0.4 on my Readynas Ultra 4. RAIDiator 4.2.27.
I was just wondering where the data is stored on my nas? If i click the "edit config.php" in the owncloud window in frontview - add-ons - installed, I can se: "datadirectory -> /Usr/share/owncloud/data.
But i cant find any "owncloud shares" created in shares list or folders when i access the nas from windows explorer. Where can i find the storage location for the owncloud?

Thanks in advance.
Message 72 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements