× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2110 V1 - can be seen and logged into, no shares seen

hamslice
Aspirant

RND2110 V1 - can be seen and logged into, no shares seen

Hello, I had this as a previous topic, but lost the link for a few days, and when I found it again, it was locked.

Below is the original post and response. Since then I have found the Nas is an RND2110 V1, if it helps.

+++

I have a 12 year old ReadyNas duo I would like to get working, I have put in a single 1TB WD Blue and done a factory reset just to be sure. I can see it in the Virgin Hub 3.0 I have, and have gotten the IP address from there.

Issues are:

1. Raidar does not recognise it in a scan

2. IP address allows login from a browser, but does not show any shares or errors

3. Sometimes I can see it in explorer, but cannot access there (error 0x800004002: no such interface supported).

I have activated the Windows SMB, and also enabled Netbios over TCP/IPv4 in the WiFi adapter.

+++

Here is what I see when I log into the IP address:

The following shares are accessible using this browser. Click on the icon to access the share.

Then nothing to select....

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND2110 V1 - can be seen and logged into, no shares seen

If you want to access the web admin ui, you need to browse to http://nas-ip-address/admin

If you leave the admin bit off, you end up looking at a share list.  This will only show shares that have http enabled as a sharing protocol, so after a factory reset it will be empty.

Have you tried using \\nas-ip-address in file explorer (not clicking on the NAS in the network list)?  Be careful to use the backslash, as the forward slash will open your browser.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12

All Replies
hamslice
Aspirant

Aha, the Raidar 4.3.8 seems to see it, then I guess I need to setup from there?

Message 2 of 12
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hamslice

If you plan to do a Factory reset yes you will use RAIDar to set it up. What is the status showing on RAIDar? Can you try accessing the NAS on Windows Explorer using the IP? Also, toggling the services you enabled and rebooting the PC might help.

Message 3 of 12
hamslice
Aspirant

Yup, already did a factory reset, as I thought that best since it sat for so long.

IP shows just what I pasted above, then nothing.

I guess I will search for a link on setup unless anyone has a link to hand...

Message 4 of 12
StephenB
Guru

If you want to access the web admin ui, you need to browse to http://nas-ip-address/admin

If you leave the admin bit off, you end up looking at a share list.  This will only show shares that have http enabled as a sharing protocol, so after a factory reset it will be empty.

Have you tried using \\nas-ip-address in file explorer (not clicking on the NAS in the network list)?  Be careful to use the backslash, as the forward slash will open your browser.

Message 5 of 12
hamslice
Aspirant

Thanks

Leaving off shares does no good, it just forwards me back to shares.

looking at the IP in explorer works, but just shows me a blank window.

Should I follow my old paper manual and do a setup from the old Raidar?

Message 6 of 12
hamslice
Aspirant

Tried IP and admin in browser:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 192.168.0.27 (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

With no options to proceed....
Message 7 of 12
hamslice
Aspirant

ah, I'm in.

Message 8 of 12
hamslice
Aspirant

Thanks, Will do the setup wizard!

Message 9 of 12
hamslice
Aspirant

argh, I've removed the bittorent, thinking this would just disable it, but its gone from the setup now!

Anyway to get it back later?

Message 10 of 12
StephenB
Guru

@hamslice wrote:

argh, I've removed the bittorent, thinking this would just disable it, but its gone from the setup now!

Anyway to get it back later?

Yes, you can download it from here: https://kb.netgear.com/24546/Add-ons-for-RAIDiator-4-1-3-Sparc  Then install it as an addon.

Message 11 of 12
hamslice
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, will delete other topic, was just trying to finish up!

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements