× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 314 Stop Auto Firmware Update

ncameron
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 Stop Auto Firmware Update

This is legacy hardware, and the last official firmware update (6.10.10) brain damaged key elements of functionality - such as preventing any easy App upgrades. I installed it and then downgraded back to 6.10.9 when I realised this.

But it keeps auto-updating to 6.10.10. 

I assume that it is able, and feels entitled, to do this because (a) I once asked it to, and (b) the firmware image file is still somewhere in a system directory.

Does anyone know where this update file is stored, so I can delete it once ad for all?  

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@ncameron wrote:

But it keeps auto-updating to 6.10.10. 

Go to System->Settings and open up the Update section.  Make sure that "notifications for updates" and "automatic firmware updates" are not checked.

Message 2 of 5
ncameron
Aspirant

First thing I did.
No difference. The cunning ****ards want us on 6.10.10 and I’m sure have recorded my initial permission to upgrade and are repeatedly proceeding accordingly…
Message 3 of 5
JackAward
Aspirant

To stop the auto firmware updates on a ReadyNAS 314, you typically need to access the device's settings through its web interface. Here's a general guide on how to do it:

1. Access the ReadyNAS Web Interface: Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as your ReadyNAS device. Enter the IP address of the ReadyNAS in the address bar to access its web interface.

2. Log In Log in to the ReadyNAS web interface using your admin credentials.

3. Navigate to Settings: Once logged in, navigate to the settings or administration section of the interface. The exact location may vary depending on the firmware version and interface layout.

4. Find Firmware Update Settings: Look for the firmware update settings. This is typically located in the settings or maintenance section of the interface.

5. Disable Auto Firmware Updates: Within the firmware update settings, there should be an option to disable or turn off automatic firmware updates. Select this option and save your changes.

6. Confirm Changes: After disabling auto firmware updates, confirm the changes and exit the settings.

By following these steps, you should be able to stop the ReadyNAS 314 from automatically updating its firmware. However, keep in mind that it's essential to periodically check for and install firmware updates manually to ensure your device's security and performance.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@ncameron wrote:
First thing I did.

That should certainly do it.  Other folks have downgraded successfully, so there must be something else going on with your system.

Maybe try manually uploading 6.10.9 again, then disconnect the NAS from the network.  Restart the NAS from the front panel, and see if it sticks at 6.10.9.  Then reconnect the ethernet cable.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements