× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v2 and Windows 10

Blackfish
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo v2 and Windows 10

This is my first time playing with one of these NAS and I'm a little confused as to where to begin.

I've tried installing ReadyCoud and ReadyNAS Remote both which don't show me any connected devices. 

I just bought this thing used off someone and he said he also had a challenge making it work, but I'm a technician so if someone could just point me in the right direction to at least find it on the network then I could handle it from there! Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2 and Windows 10

Hi Blackfish,

Welcome to the community!

Check this NETGEAR article and let us know if this suffice.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please note that ReadyCLOUD is only for our devices running ReadyNAS OS 6.

You will need to use ReadyNAS Remote.

If your Duo is a Duo v2 it will use a different ReadyNAS Remote add-on to the Duo. Please read this article to confirm which you have: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Welcome to the Community!

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Blackfish,

In case you are using a ReadyNAs Duo v1, here's an article that might help you: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20928/~/how-to-setup-remote-access-with-readynas-remot...

Some users also load OS6 to their legacy NAS units, so it may help if you let us know what FW version the ReadyNAS Duo you have is running on.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

OS6 won't run on any Duo. The only legacy models it will run on are 64-bit Intel systems which is every model that ran RAIDiator-x86 4.2.x except for the NVX, 2100v1 and the 1500.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm wrote:

OS6 won't run on any Duo. The only legacy models it will run on are 64-bit Intel systems which is every model that ran RAIDiator-x86 4.2.x except for the NVX, 2100v1 and the 1500.

Yes.  

Also there are two duo platforms, and the labeling is confusing.  Advice (and documentation) is platform-specific, so it is important to read through the guide mdgm posted earlier and confirm what duo platform you have.

Message 6 of 7
JS-IOM
Aspirant

I was having problems with getting Windows 10 to allow write access to the existing ReadyNAS Duo shares, I gave up trying all the tricks that were suggested or too complicated for a layman as some only worked until next boot. The solution to the Windows 10 "no write" problem I found was to simply create a NEW Share on the ReadyNAS Duo and then remarkably my Windows 10 will allow write without problems. Only slight time consuming issue is to copy the content of the old read only share to the new one. Worked for me so hope that helps.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements