× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reallocated Sector Count Increasing Daily

holsen1
Aspirant

Reallocated Sector Count Increasing Daily

Hey All

I've got an NV+ with 4 x 2TB drives in it.   I'm getting daily Logs showing the reallocated sector count increasing on DIsk 4 which would seem to indicate it may be close to failing.   My question is if I replaced it with a HDD of higher capcity, would it increase the overall storage capacity of the NAS.   I know that with the raid configuration a higher capacity Drive will be restricted to the sized of the smaller drives but the underlying question is this:   If I replace 1 HDD with higher capacity today, then replace the other other 3 at a later time, will they all expand to their full potential or will they remain restricted to the original capacity of the existing drives?

Thanks!

Model: RND4000 (ReadyNAS NV+ v1)|READYNAS NV+ v1 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Reallocated Sector Count Increasing Daily

@holsen1 wrote:

I've got an NV+ with 4 x 2TB drives in it.  

The maximum disk size supported by the NV+ v1 (4.1.x firmware) is 2 TB.  Larger drives won't work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@holsen1 wrote:

I've got an NV+ with 4 x 2TB drives in it.  

The maximum disk size supported by the NV+ v1 (4.1.x firmware) is 2 TB.  Larger drives won't work.

Message 2 of 4
holsen1
Aspirant

Beautiful Thanks!

Replaced the bad drive with SD Red  Got 11 years out of the old Constellation.

Decided to replace the other 3 as well, 1 at a time.  So Here's the question.  Once I pull these other drives, is there a way to reformat them NTFS or exFat.  Just plugged one into Windows and Disk Manager doesnt recognize it.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@holsen1 wrote:

Just plugged one into Windows and Disk Manager doesnt recognize it.

Disk Manager should see it, so something is off there.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements