× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Replicate for Pro 4 on OS6?

scottma61
Aspirant

Replicate for Pro 4 on OS6?

I am moving from my Pro 4 to a 314.  I would like to use the Pro 4 as a backup.  My question is about putting OS6 on the Pro 4.  I know Netgear will not support it.  Will Replicate work on a Pro 4 with OS6?  Do I need to buy a Replicate license since it is a legacy box, or is that not necessary because it is OS6?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

A Replicate licence cannot be used on OS6. Replicate is free on OS6 and it should work on the Pro 4.

If you do try OS6 and it doesn't work out for you there is a downgrade image to go back to 4.2.x (this also requires a factory reset).

Note also that you can backup an OS6 system to a system running 4.2.x (but a system running 4.2.x would require a licence).

Message 2 of 6
scottma61
Aspirant

Thank you.  Exactly what I wanted to know.  I think I will try out the OS6 knowing I can downgrade to 4.2.x with a license if that does not work for me.  Thanks for the rompt response.

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi scottma61,

In addition to what mdgm said, it is important to backup your files or data before loading the R6 firmware in your PRO 4 (legacy) unit.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
scottma61
Aspirant

Got it.  Will get everything copied over and running on the new 314 first.  Then will upgrade the Pro 4 to OS6 including the factory default.  Then plan to use Replicate to backup the 314 to the Pro 4.  I will also have a separate full backup of the Pro 4 until everything is verified .... just in case.

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi scottma61,

Great! I hope everything goes well 🙂

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats