× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Solved? I fixed my empty shares folder with ReadyNAS Re

kidziti
Aspirant

Solved? I fixed my empty shares folder with ReadyNAS Remote

I've been working far too long trying to fix this, but wanted to say what worked for me. Since there are so many different threads about the same issue, I wanted to begin a new one. If this works (or if it doesn't), it might be helpful to post here and let others know.

If it works, credit doesn't go to me, but rather to jmaver who figured it out in a post two years ago. THIS SHOULD BE A SPECIFIC ITEM IN THE FAQ (or in the troubleshooting guide) if it works en masse...

1) Frontview -> Services -> Installed Add-ons -> ReadyNAS Remote

2) Log out of ReadyNAS Remote if logged in
(this may not be necessary, but it is what I did, in case I needed to re-register my access)

2) Uncheck ReadyNAS Remote, then Save

3) Check ReadyNAS Remote, then Save

4) Verify a green light, then log in to ReadyNAS Remote and try connecting

The big hint to me was that the quiet little green light on the ReadyNAS add-on was actually OUT. Unchecking, saving and rechecking the add-on turned it on. My only regret was that I had to wait until I traveled back home from a trip to straighten this one out.

Lee
Message 1 of 12
arjoseph1
Tutor

Thanks for sharing this tips. Uninstalling and re-installing the ReadyNAS Remote application from the PC might help also. 🙂
Message 2 of 12
kidziti
Aspirant

arjoseph wrote:
Thanks for sharing this tips. Uninstalling and re-installing the ReadyNAS Remote application from the PC might help also. 🙂

I agree - it's one of the things I tried. When that failed (and reinstalling the ReadyNAS Remote Add-on service also failed), this is what ultimately worked. The solution is surprisingly simple and elegant. If in the coming months a poor soul finds a solution in this post - or not - I hope he/she adds something to that effect in this thread.
Message 3 of 12
sanyi
Aspirant

I'm having trouble with this too, it was working last week and now not at all for any of the 3 users. The ReadyNAS Shares folder appears empty.

Since the problems I have tried:

* Reinstalling the Remote add-on from the ReadyNas Frontpage
* Restarted the service by unchecking the service and saving, rechecking and saving.
* Restarting the ReadyNAS NV+
* Reinstalling the client on one of the Windows 7 machines, this does not work on Mac OS Lion either. Downloaded and installed latest version.

System info:

Hostname:

Model: ReadyNAS NV+ [X-RAID]
Serial:
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.8 [1.00a043]
Memory: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]

IPv4 address:: (removed)

Volume C: Online, X-RAID, 3 disks, 44% of 1845 GB used

Really very frustrating, please help if anyone knows any other tricks.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 12
zuppi
Aspirant

Same here... tried all suggestions, back and forth. No chance.
It simply does not work!
Message 5 of 12
Regnidor
Aspirant

same problem...
Message 6 of 12
dario_diventura
Aspirant

same problem .... can Netgear have a look?????
Thanks
Message 7 of 12
paul_marsden
Aspirant

Have you tried renaming the shares folder, saving and then changing the names of the shares back to the original and saving again. Saw this in another thread, worked for me when my shares disappered.

Paul
Message 8 of 12
stanfrizz
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Additional info: In the window that opens I see the following:
User (myself) successfully loged on IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Then I usually see (nas-name on ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xyz) but not this morning
Then 'nas-name' is diconnected from network
NAS SHARED folder is empty.
Will try the green light trick on monday
Message 9 of 12
stanfrizz
Aspirant

I proceeded to disable then enable ReadyNas remote on the NAS, got the greenlight, but can't see my shares by using readynas remote.
Last week I could see a message which indicated my NAS was at a certain IP adress then the NAS was disconnected from the network. Now I don't see the NAS at all in the status popup that appears when I click on the Remote Nas icon.
Any suggestions?
Message 10 of 12
stanfrizz
Aspirant

This morning I had to reboot the NAS. Low and behold, ready nas remote behaved differently on my pc. A new exec appeared in the ReadyNAS SHARES folder. Executing this finally gave me access to the shares on the ready nas. In the notification window I saw a message saying that I was using a relayed connection. Tonite I seem to be connected with a direct connection. What is the meening of this.
Message 11 of 12
rsr500
Aspirant

I just wanted to say THANK YOU. This worked for me.

After spending 3 hours trying to figure this out, I can't believe the solution was something so simple.

(using ReadyNAS Remote v1.0.9.78)
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements