× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Some addons removed from genie app store ?

HERBIEO
Aspirant

Some addons removed from genie app store ?

Anyone else noticed that some of the addons that were available for Arm devices have now gone from the genie app store ?
Message 1 of 20
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Hello sounds like netgear remove addons without informing the dev 😞 in my panel the addons are always shown as Published but can't see them on app store 😞
Message 2 of 20
WhoCares_
Mentor

From what I see there's two possibilities:
Either Netgear pulled all apps that had a price tag attached to it or they pulled all stuff for which a newer version was submitted for review.

-Stefan
Message 3 of 20
super_poussin
Virtuoso

WhoCares? wrote:
From what I see there's two possibilities:
Either Netgear pulled all apps that had a price tag attached to it or they pulled all stuff for which a newer version was submitted for review.

-Stefan

Hi Stefan,

they remove a lot of app even if they are not under review or priceless , sounds strange, perhaps a server problem
Message 4 of 20
HERBIEO
Aspirant

What is really strange when i now look in the dashboard on my readynas for available genie apps it shows 3 that are not even for readynas they are router apps (Guest Access) (ReadyShare Print) (WiFi Settings) something is wrong.
Message 5 of 20
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Any chance of netgear letting us know whats going on with this ? thanks.
Message 6 of 20
Orion11
Aspirant

I think what happened was NETGEAR only allows U.S. credit cards, so the apps that were not free disappeared if you are outside the US. Support for international credit cards is coming this by the end of the year.
Message 7 of 20
axg20202
Aspirant

You've got to be kidding?! Netgear - sort your 5h1t out!
Message 8 of 20
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Orion wrote:
I think what happened was NETGEAR only allows U.S. credit cards, so the apps that were not free disappeared if you are outside the US. Support for international credit cards is coming this by the end of the year.

Can anyone confirm this are all apps still available for people from the USA
Message 9 of 20
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The payment is currently US only. We are trying to get more international currencies supported later this year or first thing next year.

I will check with the team that is working on the Genie app to see what is going on with that part of the server.
Message 10 of 20
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Why not use paypal that would make the currency support much easier
Message 11 of 20
axg20202
Aspirant

Indeed. Paypal would be the best option.
Message 12 of 20
yemmy1
Aspirant

Hi guys, trying to find a related thread. I am in Australia, with a NV+ V2. I can go into the genie apps, there are only 7 apps there. The only one that looks remotely useful is the Readyshare print. It says I can 'Buy' the app on the right hand side. When I select that a new tab is opened, showing it is free. It also states no payment information is required for free applications (there is also no option to put in any details even if I wanted to). I can then click on confirm purchase. A window pops up stating "Your purchase has been rejected. There may be an error with your Security Code or Billing Information."

Any ideas?
Message 13 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That app isn't for the Duo/NV+ v2. It's for a router.
Message 14 of 20
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Yemmy look at my post above viewtopic.php?f=36&t=67858&p=378157#p377230 as mdgm says this is router app.
Edit: its strange that these apps are showing up in the dashboard now.
Message 15 of 20
yemmy1
Aspirant

Hi both Mdgm and Herbieo, thanks guys, while I feel a little silly I guess there isnt really a way to tell what is what. There are only 7 apps, and it appears they are all router apps not NAS apps. Are there any NAS apps that I can install? There was a DLNA app (from memory a few months ago) however that does not appear to be there. That was going to be a real selling point to be able to pump video to a DLNA TV.

Again thanks for your help and clarification guys. Really appreciated.

(BTW in the Market place under my devices, it has my NAS there, but it states it is offline, which it is not, so not sure why that is the case, but that is probably for another day!)

Cheers
Yem
Message 16 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The top three in the list are for routers. The others (ReadyNAS Replicate onwards) are for the ReadyNAS.
Message 17 of 20
takagari
Aspirant

So all of us who supported their product's whom netgear gladly accepted our foreign funds to purchase, now no longer has genie support?

I purchased a device whach is now sitting at 8TB of data, that I have no easy way to internally mange, move or sort files?

NETGEAR how about you accept paypal until you figure something else out??
Message 18 of 20
iTrooper
Aspirant

I'm tempted to take my NV+ v2 back to the shop, and pay the difference and get a bloody Ultra, at least it has apps and room for more ram. This whole lack of "anything" for ARM debacle is a bloody joke.

Alternately what else could be brought that's similar to the 4 drive NV+ v2 or 4 drive Ultra? QNAP? Synology? etc...?

Ultimate goal is to have a Plex server running off the NAS.
Message 19 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For running Plex Media Server, an Intel NAS would be a lot better than a NV+ v2. See http://www.readynas.com/plex
Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements