× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Transmission Blocklist. Will it carry over to other Add-

humbleus
Aspirant

Transmission Blocklist. Will it carry over to other Add-Ons?

I'm using an iblocklist list setup in Transmission. Will these ip filters/blocks work with other Add-ons, or does Transmission filter only within the Add-on?

I wish to use ruTorrent for the time being, but take advantage of Transmission's block feature.

Is there an alternative?

Is it possible to build peerguardian or another listed on http://www.iblocklist.com/ such as

"such as PeerBlock, PeerGuardian linux, iplist, Vuze, Transmission, uTorrent and, pfBlocker."?
Message 1 of 5
tarobun
Tutor

humbleus wrote:
I'm using an iblocklist list setup in Transmission. Will these ip filters/blocks work with other Add-ons, or does Transmission filter only within the Add-on?

No, blocklist will just work with Transmission. Each addon implements its own blocking.
Message 2 of 5
humbleus
Aspirant

That's unfortunate. I want to use rTorrent with WhoCare's adaptation of ruTorrent. How can I block using my iblocklist.com list? Help is much appreciated.

-edit: I would think if Transmission is open then it should block connections to the device and not just to the addon. Are you sure? If so, I could keep Transmission open while rTorrent is running.
Message 3 of 5
chirpa
Luminary

Its application specific. Keeping TransmissionBT open won't due any good for ruTorrent. You would need a blocklist in ruTorrent as well.
Message 4 of 5
tarobun
Tutor

humbleus wrote:

-edit: I would think if Transmission is open then it should block connections to the device and not just to the addon. Are you sure? If so, I could keep Transmission open while rTorrent is running.

Basically the blocklist is used by Transmission to determine if it wants to accept/connect to an IP.

rTorrent can use the same blocklist file (it is just a file), but must be programmed to accept/connect separately.

Having Transmission running won't prevent rTorrent from accepting/connecting to an IP.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements