× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Transmission and proxy settings

davidr1
Luminary

Transmission and proxy settings

UltraNAS, NASPro
Transmission 2.77.1
Radiator 4.2.24
ROUTER: Netgear FVS318g Firmware 3.1.1-08
ADSL modem: BT Home Hub
Linux Ubuntu 12.04

I have read on the Transmission site that Transmission no longer supports proxies.

But super-poussin's Common Parameters page http://www.readynas.com/contributed/super-poussin/Transmission-Parameters.htm suggests proxy settings can be used.

I was going to subscribe to a VPN (TorGuard) but there are many posts about the FVS318g being 'bricked' because of trying to get the VPN settings to work - appararently VPN is a nightmare to setup on the FVS318g - and I am 'just a user'.

So, not wanting to break my router 🙂 can anybody confirm if the settings available in super-poussin's settings will work?
Message 1 of 3
JarnoG
Guide

Re: Transmission and proxy settings

The parameters are ignored by Transmission, so you can still set them, but they don't do anything. So if you want to use a VPN, you'll have to use your router or get a vpn client working on your nas
Message 2 of 3
davidr1
Luminary

Re: Transmission and proxy settings

So if you want to use a VPN, you'll have to use your router or get a vpn client working on your nas

That's my nightmar with the FVS318G - too many posts and reports of 'bricking' it when settig up VPN.

Many thanks for letting me know aboout Trasmission ignoring the settings though.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements