× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

amule 1.0.3

zuki1919
Aspirant

amule 1.0.3

Hello, for long time I was using amule by Poussin on my ReadyNAS RN102 with great satisfaction, and I was able to install it on newer firmware versione even if it was no more available on the cloud, but now I lost the installer, does anybody have it sharable? Github cannot give it anymore...

Many thanks, zuki1919

Message 1 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Re: amule 1.0.3

@zuki1919 wrote:

Hello, for long time I was using amule by Poussin on my ReadyNAS RN102 with great satisfaction, and I was able to install it on newer firmware versione even if it was no more available on the cloud, but now I lost the installer, does anybody have it sharable? Github cannot give it anymore...

Many thanks, zuki1919

Netgear found it was not compatible with OS 6.6.0 and later firmware.  They archived it here: https://github.com/ReadyNAS/sdk/wiki/App-Archive

Personally I would trust them, and not attempt to install it on a NAS with up to date firmware.  If you do attempt it, I suggest making a backup first.

Message 2 of 11
zuki1919
Aspirant

Hello StephenB, many thanks for your kind answer, I know it's not compatible, but it seems to work...the archive you attached is no longer working trying to download the file, it gives accessing error. Do you know any other way to achieve the installing file?

Attached the error...

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@zuki1919 wrote:

Do you know any other way to achieve the installing file?

Sorry, I don't.  Perhaps @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V can sort this out.

Message 4 of 11
zuki1919
Aspirant

Nice to meet you StephenB, and many thanks for your kindness, hope they will have time to help me.

Kind regards, zuki1919

Message 5 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi zuki1919,

I will have to check if we can do something about the download link but since it is a 3rd party app I cannot assure you anything.

Regards,

Message 6 of 11
zuki1919
Aspirant

Hi John, many thanks Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 11
zuki1919
Aspirant

Hi all, recently I tried to download again the installer, but site still doesn't work...if is not possible to recover the app archive, is any other app available for my ReadyNas that can download frome emule servers same as amule? (searching option is not required...)

Many thanks and best regards, zuki1919

Message 8 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@zuki1919 wrote:

Hi all, recently I tried to download again the installer, but site still doesn't work...

It is on wayback, you can download it from there: https://web.archive.org/web/20150915061326/http://apt.readynas.com/packages/readynasos/dists/apps/po...

Message 9 of 11
zuki1919
Aspirant

Hi StephenB, many thanks for the working link, I was able to download the file, but found it's the same as mine that I thought was corrupted...it doesn't install on my ReadyNas Smiley Frustrated 

Probably one of last firmware upgrade definetively killed amule app...

I'm currently using Transmission for Readynas for downloading tnt files, is any other app available for downloading from emule servers as amule did?

When I had amule working, I made searches using emule on PC, than downloaded the link using amule on Radynas...is it possible  to do something like this anymore?

Many thanks and best regards, zuki1919

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@zuki1919 wrote:

is any other app available for downloading from emule servers as amule did?

I don't know, it's not an application I use.  Perhaps someone else will chime in.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements