× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to routeur

Loceka
Aspirant

Cannot connect to routeur

-- please disregard this message : I didn't wait enough to do factory reset. It seems that initiating a factory reset without waiting for 10 seconds only reboots the routeur.

Hello,

Today I've tried connecting to my routeur (I did not use it for a few years) and it didn't work at all.

At first I just plugged 2 RJ45 cables : one for internet, the other for the PC. The computer was unable to connect to the routeur (DHCP failed).

I then restored the factory settings and tried again : same thing, the computer could not find the routeur through DHCP.

I tried forcing an IP (IP : 192.168.1.5, mask : 255.255.255.0, gateway : 192.168.1.1).

By forcing the IP, I was able to connect to the routeur but when I tried login in to 192.168.1.1 with admin/password, it would not let me (bad password - remember I did restored the factory settings, several times actually). The http://routeurlogin.net/ address was not found (404) and I was unable to go on websites (404). One curious thing is, using that connection I was able to log in Skype (and send/receive messages), although websites could not be reached from a browser.

I'm running out of ideas to fix the problem, though I suspect a material issue, so any help would be welcome.

Model: WNR3500L|Open Source Wireless-N (Gigabit) Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Loceka
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect to routeur

Yes it did.

I couldn't find any option to delete my message otherwise I'd have done it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Loceka Did reset resolved your problem?

Message 2 of 4
Loceka
Aspirant

Yes it did.

I couldn't find any option to delete my message otherwise I'd have done it.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for clarification.

Have a great day!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation