× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6220 stop to respond to DNS queries.

Seth21
Guide

Agreed.  This is my last Netgear.     Life is too short to have to deal with a Netgear router again - especially customer service.

Message 26 of 33
TeamT
Star

After refusing the upgrade to another model and some arguing. Netgear yesterday provided me with a beta firmware. Now installed. let's hope that the bug is fixed.

Message 27 of 33
Seth21
Guide

Wow hopefully it works - it would be nice to be able to actually use my 6220 one day

Message 28 of 33
vhovar
Initiate

I have had my R6220 for almost a year now with no issues. I was looking through the configuration last week when I added an IP Camera and enabled DynDNS. It seems that after I did that and added the camera I started having this exact problem. I've turned DynDNS off but now continue to have the problem with the DNS not responding until I reset the router. This happens every night and has started happening during the day. I'm thinking about trying do do a factory reset and reload the current firmware to see if this might help resolve the issue.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 29 of 33
TeamT
Star

Hi,

I tried everything without success. Netgear even arranged a hardware swap! 

I suggest instead that you try to issue a ticket and a request to test the beta firmware R6220_v54_dnrd.img My router have now been stable for more than 10 days.

Kind regards,

TeamT

Message 30 of 33
TeamT
Star

Hi,

My router has been OK for 27 days now. There are good reasons to assume that the bug has been fixed.

Kind regards,

TeamT

Message 31 of 33
PatriciaMcC
Aspirant

Exact same here. Worked for a year, then started failing after adding an IP camera (Armcrest). I didn't enable DynDNS at any time. I have to reset the router every morning. Now it has failed in middle of the day. I might try static IP on camera and maybe even point its DNS elsewhere.
Message 32 of 33
TeamT
Star

Got this from Netgear.

Sorry for the late update. Our engineers confirmed that the fix will be officially released but not on the next firmware release. Please use the beta firmware for now. Would there be anything that I can assist you with?

Requested the support case to be closed.

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7