× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6300V2 wifi connection to my wireless headphones problem

mamisongo
Aspirant

R6300V2 wifi connection to my wireless headphones problem

Whe I use my Roku app to use my wireless JBLFlex headphones in the 5G  home network the conection even do is on my beddroom a few feets awy from  my router the conection some times comes and go , These is really driving me crazy. Any sugestion for a 71 years old retire which spend many hours a day watching tv  will be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
mamisongo
Aspirant

Re: R6300V2 wifi connection to my wireless headphones problem

Hi my friend

Good news the  diconecting the router did the job is working fine. Thank you again.

Manny

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

From what I could find of the JBL flex headphones, they aren't 2.4gh/5ghz headphones. They're bluetooth. which means they'd connect to your phone or bluetooth watch. Not the router. 

Unless this is a different pair? 

Message 2 of 10
mamisongo
Aspirant

Thank you for your help

My mistake my headphones conect to the roku app and wifi to the 5g router, the software version on my router isV1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH. I was cheking on google and it shows a diferent version and the netgear site tells me is up to date. In my search in google a sugestion of keeping my galaxy s9 the closest to the route helps even do in my room am a couple of feets away. I have been dealing with these issue for a long time and is getting on my nerves.

Thank you again for your help 

Manny

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

@mamisongo wrote:

Thank you for your help

My mistake my headphones conect to the roku app and wifi to the 5g router, the software version on my router isV1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH. I was cheking on google and it shows a diferent version and the netgear site tells me is up to date. In my search in google a sugestion of keeping my galaxy s9 the closest to the route helps even do in my room am a couple of feets away. I have been dealing with these issue for a long time and is getting on my nerves.

Thank you again for your help 

Manny

roku app on your phone or roku app on a roku?

If you disconnect the wireless headphones, does the phone skip/buffer? 

Message 4 of 10
mamisongo
Aspirant

The roku app on my phone, nothing to do with the buffer, not sure what you mean with skiping the buffer.

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

What I'm getting at is that when you're listening on your headphones its skipping. 

If you disconnect the headphones from your phone and just play directly from the phone, does it skip/disconnect?

Message 6 of 10
mamisongo
Aspirant

I have no tried that , li let you know .When am walking with music with the headphone it does not happen. will triend and get back to you .

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Just trying to figure out if its a wireless issue between the phone and the router causing the issue or if its the bluetooth between the phone and headphones. 

Message 8 of 10
mamisongo
Aspirant

Good morning my friend

Yesterday I disconected the router for about ten minutes and last night I tried your advise and with out the headphone did not happend and then with the headphone it was working ok. I will keep testing for a few days  to see if the problem is solved . Will keep you postes. I really apreciated your help. Will contact you in a few days.

Have a good day

Manny

Message 9 of 10
mamisongo
Aspirant

Hi my friend

Good news the  diconecting the router did the job is working fine. Thank you again.

Manny

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7