× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6200v2 2GHz connection issue

Kdavis71
Follower

r6200v2 2GHz connection issue

I recently shut off wifi broadcasting for 2 GHz and 5 GHz on my TG1672 all in one from TWC so I can use my netgear router as the sole wifi router. I got it all hooked up and connected my smartphone which works fine off of both the 2 GHz and 5 GHz bands. I connected the router to my HP all in one desktop via ethernet and it worked fine as well that way. The problem is when I go to connect my desktop to the router's 2 GHz band (doesn't support 5 GHz band) and it will connect fine but will have the yellow triangle and say unidentified network, connected, secured, no internet access. I tried rebooting the router and changing the SSID and Password for the network and neither helped.

Can anyone tell me why I can't get internet from the connection on the all in one desktop when it works fine on my phone?

Model: R6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: r6200v2 2GHz connection issue

Hi @Kdavis71,

1. Please make sure that the driver for the wireless adapter of the desktop is up to date.

2. Is the wireless adapter able to get a valid IP from the router?

3. Please make sure the wireless adapter is not set to a static IP. Should be set to DHCP.

4. Is the desktop simultaneously connected via Ethernet and WiFi?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Kdavis71,

1. Please make sure that the driver for the wireless adapter of the desktop is up to date.

2. Is the wireless adapter able to get a valid IP from the router?

3. Please make sure the wireless adapter is not set to a static IP. Should be set to DHCP.

4. Is the desktop simultaneously connected via Ethernet and WiFi?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Kdavis71,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7