× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Factory reset doesnt work

Tomasz_FLX
Aspirant

Factory reset doesnt work

Hello,
I have a switch configured with vlan and other settings, but I don't have a password. I want to restore the default settings. I performed the procedure in accordance with the factory reset instructions but it did not work. Why?
The switch is in production condition. It has all ports connected with fiber to another switch.
Do I have to disconnect all cables for the reset to work?

Regards

Tomasz

Model: GS752TS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
kevin_hong
Apprentice

Hi Tomasz_FLX,

Is your switch GS728TS/GGS728TPS/GS752TS ?

i think to have two buttons on the switch panel:  "Reset"  and "Factory default"

You can hold "Factory default" button greater than 5 seconds, the switch will be initialized.

BTW: if there was not "Factory default" button on switch panel, Usually you can hold "Reset" button greater than 10 seconds, the switch will also be initialized.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Model: GS752TPS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with PoE and 4 SFP uplinks
Message 6 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Is this in a stacking configuration?

Message 2 of 6
Tomasz_FLX
Aspirant

No. This is a single switch.

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@Tomasz_FLX wrote:

I performed the procedure in accordance with the factory reset instructions but it did not work.

Which ones?

Used the Factory Default Reset button (not the Reset button) on this switch?

Message 4 of 6
Tomasz_FLX
Aspirant

Yes, Factory Default Reset.

I held 2 seconds The LEDs went off and I released the button. After about 1 minute, all the LEDs were amber and it lasted about 5 minutes, then turned the power off and on. Switch remained old settings.

Message 5 of 6
kevin_hong
Apprentice

Hi Tomasz_FLX,

Is your switch GS728TS/GGS728TPS/GS752TS ?

i think to have two buttons on the switch panel:  "Reset"  and "Factory default"

You can hold "Factory default" button greater than 5 seconds, the switch will be initialized.

BTW: if there was not "Factory default" button on switch panel, Usually you can hold "Reset" button greater than 10 seconds, the switch will also be initialized.

Thank you

Model: GS752TPS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with PoE and 4 SFP uplinks
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements