× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Radius web authentication GS108T

scain
Aspirant

Radius web authentication GS108T

I've configured this switch to use the radius server on my network for authentication in the web UI.  However, after logging in successfully, it appears that the admin user doesn't possess the same level of privileges to manage the configuration of the switch vs using the admin user authenticated with a local password.

Is there some obscure configuration setting I'm missing to enable full configuration privileges when authenticating via radius?  Having only the "admin" user and no ability to specify additional users is annoying but I'm willing to live with that but if I can't properly manage this switch via the radius service that I use for everything else on my network I'm afraid I'll have to just return it.

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Radius web authentication GS108T

Hi @scain

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, in order to give admin access, in the RADIUS setting, a policy needs to be created.  Then, in the policy, a service type with attribute "Administrative" needs to be created.  Kindly check the image below:

photo_2018-10-11_15-46-53.jpg

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @scain

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, in order to give admin access, in the RADIUS setting, a policy needs to be created.  Then, in the policy, a service type with attribute "Administrative" needs to be created.  Kindly check the image below:

photo_2018-10-11_15-46-53.jpg

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
scain
Aspirant

Thank you for the information. I'll double-check the policy setting and update the thread.
Message 3 of 4
scain
Aspirant

Thanks, that was the problem. I had failed to add Service-Type = Administrative-User for this one-off user that I had to set up.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements