× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Read Linked Speed and Port Status from Ethernet Swtich

ravip
Follower

Read Linked Speed and Port Status from Ethernet Swtich

Hi All,

I am new to this community and this is my first post.

I am sorry if my post is not as per the forum standards.

Please help with my below queries

1) I have the below switch where I would like to read "Linked Speed" and "Port Status" from the Switch in my program and not manually.

XS724EM – 24-port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XS724EM.aspx

Currently, I see there is a webpage interface where an operator/user can view it manually but I need to read from my program for automation. I do not find any CLI commands to access the port status and linked speed. 

Please let me know if there is any easier way to read the required data ?

Access to the current GUI files in the below link where you can find the "Port Status" web page which contacts the Linked speed and port status.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oml3tk75tf1lu5c/AADuGtbZci3gnyOQ2AE8IYwua?dl=0

2) If there is no easier way to read the data with above switch (XS724EM),  is there any other Ethernet Switch which can support 10G, 5G, 2.5G with 16 ports having CLI commands or other easy way to read the required data ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Regards

Ravi

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Read Linked Speed and Port Status from Ethernet Swtich

Hi ravip,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

The only way that we can view the switch manually is through web UI for smart switches. The classification of the XS724EM is a Smart Managed Plus Switch, these type of switches doesn't have any CLI access unless it is a fully managed switch like the M4200 which is also a Multigigabit Managed Switch.

Here are the Multi-Gig switches.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Read Linked Speed and Port Status from Ethernet Swtich

Hi ravip,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

The only way that we can view the switch manually is through web UI for smart switches. The classification of the XS724EM is a Smart Managed Plus Switch, these type of switches doesn't have any CLI access unless it is a fully managed switch like the M4200 which is also a Multigigabit Managed Switch.

Here are the Multi-Gig switches.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements