× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: gs208 14 month old switch is dead

docstrange
Tutor

gs208 14 month old switch is dead

I bought a gs208 8-port switch in October 2015 and it has stopped working.  Cannot find what the warranty is or how to report it if it is still in warranty.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
docstrange
Tutor

I finally found that the device had a 1 year warranty.  The device dying after that makes it a pile of junk in a plastic case.  Case closed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi docstrange,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I advise you to register the serial number of your GS208 switch to your MyNETGEAR account.  Afterwards, create an online case with NETGEAR Support and state what happened to your switch.  It would be best that you attach a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the GS208 switch for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, then an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@docstrange,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to register the serial number of your GS208 switch to your MyNETGEAR account and create an online case with NETGEAR Support?  If yes, let us know about the progress of the online case?

Reagrds,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
docstrange
Tutor

I finally found that the device had a 1 year warranty.  The device dying after that makes it a pile of junk in a plastic case.  Case closed.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements