× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Audio over internet GS108LP

Tunesmith
Aspirant

Audio over internet GS108LP

I'm setting up a recording studio where audio around the room is to sent over ethernet.

Connecting the audio out from my keyboards via an ethernet adapter to my router produces only a hum and soft, regular clicks.

Is the fact that it is a poe router the problem? Should I be using specific ports? (I'm currently using keyboard into 5, and port 6 sends to my mixer).

Any help to move this forward is very much welcomed

With thanks

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Audio over internet GS108LP

What kind of adapter (make and model) and Ethernet audio interface (like AES67) are involved here?

Message 2 of 5
Tunesmith
Aspirant

Hi,

Make: K2AUDIO

Model: C5AudioP

Link: https://k2audio.co.uk/collections/stereo-audio-over-cat5-cat6-cable/products/stereo-audio-over-cat5-...

This is a simple adapter using pins 1 and 8 for the audio signal. There are no other accessories in the chain at the moment. The quality of the audio is not critical at the moment, however, the notion of silence when not in use (or not playing) is!

My solution is obviously flawed in its simplicity. Please advise

With thanks

Glen

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Can't see on how Ethernet (and the GS108LP switch) should be involved here. These adapters are passively connecting audio lines over an otherwise unused network cable, no Ethernet data connection involved. 

Message 4 of 5
Tunesmith
Aspirant

Yeah, was just hoping to use the studios pre-wired system, rather than having a new cable running around the studio.

Thanks for your help tho.

Glen

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements