× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108PEv3 PVID Configuration Missing

EttoreC
Aspirant

GS108PEv3 PVID Configuration Missing

I have a NetGear GS108PEv3 switch that I have been using "wide open" for a while. I recently got myself some VLAN capable hardware and wanted to get things setup.

I've run into an issue where a good number of my devices do not have VLAN setup options, so they're "untagged". Reading documentation, it appears the GS108 series seem to have a PVID menu that would solve my problem (label everything coming in from # port as VLAN #), but mine is missing this menu. I have tried updating the firmware, but the option does not appear.

Is this just a feature Netgear feature-crippled out of my version? Is there a way to access this by going to a specific URL? I tried using the web interface as well as the configuration application.

I want to have Internet connected to port 8, all my LAN based smart stuff on port 7 (thus be tagged as VLAN 3), all of my LAN based non-smart stuff on port 6 (thus be tagged as VLAN 2), an AP with 2 SSIDs coming in at port 1 (it does it's own VLAN tagging based on SSID) so I think I need PVID to do all of that. I'd like my cameras to be on 2, 3, and 4 as VLAN 3 as well.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108PEv3 PVID Configuration Missing

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Message 2 of 5
EttoreC
Aspirant

I'm aware the command SHOULD be there, but it isn't. Why? I've updated the firmware from whatever it was (v.2.0.8 maybe?) to the newest (v.2.0.16) and the commands that are shown in the manual are still not there.

Message 3 of 5
EttoreC
Aspirant

Oh, turns out you can't just click the "VLAN" tab and go to Advanced. You have to click "VLAN" then click 802.1Q. At that point, everything will still look the same, but the feature I "need" will be there.

thanks!

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@EttoreC wrote:

Oh, turns out you can't just click the "VLAN" tab and go to Advanced. You have to click "VLAN" then click 802.1Q. At that point, everything will still look the same, but the feature I "need" will be there.

Exactly what the RT*M says. And no, nothing changed recently ...

5. Select VLAN > 802.1Q > Advanced > VLAN Configuration.
The Advanced 802.1Q VLAN Status page displays. The menu on the left displays
more options.
6. Select Port PVID.
You can select Port PVID only if you already enabled the advanced 802.1Q VLAN
option (see Advanced 802.1Q-based VLANs: Create VLANs on page 35)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements