× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help needed for my GS108v2

Nfm
Initiate
Initiate

Help needed for my GS108v2

Hello
My switch GS108v2 (bought on 2007) no longer works...
When powering on (no RJ45 cable connected), the ports are not tested one after the other as usual.
The 100M LEDs all turn on at once for 2s, then turn off. Then, the 10M LED on port 5 turn on and remains.
If I connect an RJ45 cable (connected to the internet via my box) on any port, the above sequence repeats indefinitely: all 100M LEDs, then the 10M LED of port 5, then again all 100M LEDs, etc...
Is it possible to reset/repair the switch for it to work again?
If not, how can I activate its replacement under the lifetime warranty? I kept the purchase invoice and its box.

I tried to create an RMA on my.netgear.com, but the process finished with an "somethingWentWrong'" message...

On "My Products", the status of the warranty is "LIFETIME"

Thank you in advance for your help

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Try instead the link under "Contact us" on my.netgear.com e.g.  https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx and file the form instead, for switches, select (x) "Business" and Call support should be available:

my netgear - call support.PNG

@Nfm wrote:

I tried to create an RMA on my.netgear.com, but the process finished with an "somethingWentWrong'" message...

Curious in which market, which country you are located. For some users, using an alternate browser does allow to work around this issue.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Try instead the link under "Contact us" on my.netgear.com e.g.  https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx and file the form instead, for switches, select (x) "Business" and Call support should be available:

my netgear - call support.PNG

@Nfm wrote:

Curious in which market, which country you are located. For some users, using an alternate browser does allow to work around this issue.

Message 2 of 3
Nfm
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks @schumaku 

Following your instructions, I used the Call Support button. I thought it was reserved for futur purchases. This gave me a phone number to call, and the technician resolved my issue.

In fact, the ticket was created and was visible in MyNetgearSupport, but I did not have a look because of the error message. It was created but incorrectly (no link with the product, no attachment...)

The technician was very cool and helpfull. He repared the ticket and created the RMA.

He spent half an hour with me, waiting for my mail with all needed attachments. Really, really cool 🙂

Now my defect product is waiting for the postman.
... and I'm waiting for a new one

Only downside: I have to pay the return costs.

Here in France, it costs a quarter of the price of the new product

We cannot have everything for nothing... 🙂

Thanks again: you unblocked me

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements