× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ProsSafe JGS524PE POE Not Working

eecycler
Aspirant

ProsSafe JGS524PE POE Not Working

I bought a ProsSafe JGS524PE ethernet switch just over 1 year ago to help support some POE cameras. THe other day I got online to check my cameras and noticed that all of my POE cameras were offline. After doing some investigation, it looks like all of my POE ports are not powering up any POE devices. I even grabbed an unused camera to plug in as a test and it would not power up. However, if I connect the same camera using a power cable to the same POE port on the switch everything comes up just fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to determine what is wrong?

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@eecycler,

Since you have already reset the JGS524PE back to factory default settings, PoE should be enabled by default.  With regard to this,  I suggest you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Kindly state what happen to your JGS524PE switch and the troubleshooting steps done to isolate the problem.  Attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the JGS524PE switch to the online case for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will be processed.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi eecycler,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you tried to reboot the JGS524PE switch and check if same problem will occur?

b. What is the current firmware version of the JGS524PE switch?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 11
eecycler
Aspirant

Hi Dane A,

I have rebooted the switch several times but no luck. As far as the firmware, I just upgraded to V2.0.1.17 yesterday thinking that was part of the problem but I still have issues after rebooting and upgrading the firmware. I also tried several different ports on the switch thinking maybe a couple ports were dead but still no luck.

Thank you,

eecycler

Message 3 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@eecycler,

Kindly try to reset the JGS524PE back to factory defaults then check if same problem will occur.  Let us know the results.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 11
eecycler
Aspirant

@DaneA,

I started with a restore to defaults from the Prosafe Plus Configuration Utility but that did not work. I then reset the switch to factory defaults using the factory reset button on the front of the switch but that still resulted in no luck. 

Thanks,

eecycler

Message 5 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@eecycler,

Since you have already reset the JGS524PE back to factory default settings, PoE should be enabled by default.  With regard to this,  I suggest you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Kindly state what happen to your JGS524PE switch and the troubleshooting steps done to isolate the problem.  Attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the JGS524PE switch to the online case for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will be processed.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 11
eecycler
Aspirant

@DaneA,

Thank you. According to the support page, it says I only get complimentary support for 90 days. I also purchased the hardware about 13 months ago. With that being said, am I going to get charged for support that will result in this same conclusion and since I purchased this over 12 months ago, no replacement will be awarded? I am just asking because I don't know what pay for support unless it is going to be beneficial. Netgear is one of the only companies that I have seen where they only provide 90 days of free support.

Thank you,

eecycler

Message 7 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@eecycler,

If you have purchased the JGS524PE about 13 months ago, I believed you are entitled with Lifetime Chat Support.  Kindly open a chat case with NETGEAR Support and let them know about your concern.  A hardware check to your switch will be conducted by the NETGEAR Chat Support Expert and no payment is required.  Be ready with your .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the JGS524PE switch for warranty verification.  An online replacement will be processed as long as the hardware warranty is still valid on your switch.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@eecycler,

I just want to follow-up on this.  I believe NETGEAR Support has already processed an online replacement for the faulty JGS524PE you have.  🙂 

I believe that everything is now working fine with the replacement switch you have received and with regard to this, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@eecycler,

I believe NETGEAR Support has already processed an online replacement for the faulty JGS524PE you have.  🙂 

If ever that everything is now working fine with the replacement switch you have received from NETGEAR, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 11
eecycler
Aspirant

@DaneA,

Yes, Netgear ended up replacing the switch. I marked message 6 as the solution since that is when a replacement was suggested. Thank you for your help and troubleshooting!

eecycler

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements